ABOUT THE TEAM & ROLE:
Swiggy's StoreFront Engineering team helps customers enjoy personalized discovery and purchase experience across multiple product lines (Stores, Food, Genie and Instamart). The team is enabling this by developing thoughtfully crafted applications, smart cataloging, relevance-based search & intent-driven merchandising, checkout management solutions, and payment systems.
We are looking for engineers who have hands-on experience in building highly reliable distributed systems and have deep expertise in database design & performance tuning. Knowledge of Machine Learning and other Predictive Modeling techniques will be an added strength. Few interesting problems we are solving include:
1. Client-facing Applications
2. Smart Catalog & Category Intelligence
3. Personalized Search & Merchandising experience
6. Order Management System
At Swiggy, SDE III(s) play an integral role in owning end-to-end Design/Architecture of complex systems. They co-own the technology vision of the respective team and significantly contribute to the overall success of the team. They partner with the product/business teams to understand the product features and specifications, translate them into high level and low-level design thereby facilitating the team in design and development of mission critical applications.
What qualities are we looking for?
● Hands on experience in mobile application development for at least 5+ years
● Hands on working experience in Swift
● Experience in multithreaded programming and memory optimization
● Ability to learn and grow in a fast paced setup
● Working knowledge of iOS Architectural Components and Design Patterns
● Very good debugging skills
● Good knowledge in implementing Pixel Perfect designs
● Good in Data Structures and Algorithm
What will you get to do here?
● Coming up with best practices to help the team achieve their technical tasks and continually thrive in improving the technology of the product/team
● Driving the adoption of best practices & regular Participation in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions
● Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you can create
● Implementation of long term technology vision for your team
● Responsible for complete architecture of your product
● Creating architectures & designs for new solutions around existing/new areas
● Decide technology & tool choices for your team & be responsible for them
Visit our tech blogs to learn more about some the challenges we deal with:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.