Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we’re encouraged to think big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers. Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep learning.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms, and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
We are hiring a Senior Manager to lead our SmartFiles team in India. We are building massively distributed systems at web-scale. You would be leading teams that work on a wide range of interesting and difficult problems and designing and building software-defined File & Object services with next-level intelligence, efficiency and scalability.
We are looking for experienced and innovative leaders who are up for the challenge of leading, innovating, mentoring and driving for outcomes. We look for exceptional minds who love to go deep and will do whatever it takes to solve big problems and step up to big challenges.Role Overview
- As an engineering leader, you will inspire, lead and manage a team of world-class software engineers across geo’s that are transforming how enterprise customers manage their data.
- This role requires an energetic, creative, and driven individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to partner with various organizations.
- In this role, you will be responsible for driving some of our most strategic technical projects, delivering large-scale systems, designing new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed systems technologies, and having a significant impact on the success of Cohesity.
What We Are Looking For
- Inspire, motivate, lead and manage a team of world-class developers that design and develop DataPlatform features for our on-prem as well as SaaS offerings.
- Contribute to our SmartFiles product, which is the industry’s first software-defined, data-centric, multiprotocol file and object solution for the enterprise. SmartFiles is part of the Cohesity Helios data platform and goes beyond traditional scale-out NAS in terms of manageability, scale, storage efficiency, integrated applications, cybersecurity, and multi-tiered data management.
- Own the product end to end from working on product requirements with internal stakeholders, to build, test, deploy for on-prem as well as cloud, BaaS/DMaaS support.
- Drive thought leadership, innovation and accelerate high-quality software development.
- Mentor, lead, and grow leaders in the team.
- Set clear goals and lead collaborative achievements.
- Work closely with various stakeholders within Cohesity like product management, program management, sales, QA, and support teams to deliver high-quality products and drive the product vision and roadmap.
- Understand market dynamics to drive product direction and execution for the team.
Data Privacy Notice For Job Candidates
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- 7+ years of hands-on software engineering experience in planning, architecting, and delivering high-quality products.
- 3+ years of building, managing or leading high-performance development teams.
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies.
- Previous experience building a highly scalable distributed system.
- Storage domain, Filer or filesystem experience is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.COVID-19
Cohesity requires all employees who enter its U.S. offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.