Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Clinical Assessor - Social Worker
Working on our brand-new flagship contract, we are supporting the Victims Payment Board (VPB) in delivery of the clinical assessment service for the new Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme. We are now recruiting for experienced nurses & allied health professionals who have expertise in a mental health or psychiatric background with more than two years post registration experience.
As a Clinical Assessor, you will deliver an important service completing clinical assessments of applicants who have a permanent disablement (physically or psychologically) as a result of being at, or attending immediately after a troubles related incident. Following assessment, youll produce a structured assessment report which will form part of the wider evidence considered by the VPB in making decisions on entitlement to a payment under the scheme.
Based mainly from home, you will manage your own portfolio of cases, assessing clients in their homes, in one of our clinics or remotely via telephone/virtual assessments.
- Meet face to face both physically and/or virtually or review available medical evidence from applicants to the TPS scheme to determine the permanence of an applicants condition and their percentage disablement
- Play a pro-active role in seeking insight and further medical evidence as required from GPs, other healthcare professionals or services to support the applicants TPS appliciation
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support your assessment and subsequent structured, evidence based report for the Department of Justice (DoJ) and the Victims Payment Board (VPB)
- Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support the Victims Payment Board (VPB) in their decision-making
- Maintain and evidence personal Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Online Mandatory Training (OMT) and ensure continuing professional registration
- Develop own clinical knowledge of the impacts of health conditions/disabilities less familiar to you
- A minimum of 4 years post-registration experience as a Social Worker
- Fully registered without sanction or conditions of practice with the NISCC
- AYE and PiP qualifications completed
- A demonstrable background in a Mental Health / Psychiatric speciality
- Ability to work at pace, set boundaries, manage conversations and keep to timescales
- Ability to relate to people from a range of socio-economic backgrounds, races, religions and cultures
- Report writing skills with an ability to deal with a high percentage of work using a laptop and IT systems
- Strong analytical skills familiar with MS Office, particularly Excel/Word and PowerPoint
To find out more about this role or to apply please send your CV to the link provided or call Michael on 07858424617.