Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
SYSTEMS ENGINEERS x2 – CONTRACTS 12 MONTHS – Telford, Bristol or Washington Hybrid Working patterns
As a Systems Engineer, you will be working as part of integrated engineering teams to develop systematic solutions
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis, derivation, decomposition and allocation of customer and stakeholder requirements.to system, sub-system and component levels using formal methods and tools (DOORS).
- Development and management of Functional, Logical and Behavioural System Models (SysML) in accordance with requirements and the system design.
- Development of system architectures and states and modes models.
- Coordinating with the wider Engineering team and sub-system subject matter experts to drive a coherent, balanced, and compliant system design.
- Development of System and Sub-system design documentation including system and sub-system specifications, design descriptions, engineering plans and maturity assessments.
- Development of system test plans, performing system test and the production of test reports and customer acceptance evidence reports.
- Working with Customer, User, Engineering and Procurement teams to assist in resolving design queries, problems and conflicts.
- Supporting the design review process in accordance with the planned development lifecycle and maturity plan.
- Actively engaging with the project team for the development and monitoring of vehicle design systemic properties and physical architecture concepts.
- Supporting trade studies to evaluate system and sub-system concepts and to establish design solutions.
- Technical maturity planning and management including Technology, System, and Interface Readiness Levels.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Understanding of SysML modelling techniques.
- Competent using Microsoft Office and DOORs and PDM tools such as TeamCenter.
- Understanding of Security implications for technical material, Design for Safety and Supportability.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of Armoured Fighting Vehicles and their development.
- Defence Standards &/Or Defence Standards for military vehicles.
- Requirements management, Specification and design of complex electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems.
- Weapon Control Systems design and validation