Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Outpatient Service Rep III
Greets patients and conducts his/her daily interactions in a way which demonstrates a positive organizational attitude modeling the organization's mission, vision, and values. Professionally interviews patients obtaining complete and accurate financial and insurance information. Verifies required authorizations as needed. Professionally answers the telephone and routes call to the appropriate party. Acts as a liaison between the facility, physician, insurance company and other healthcare agencies. Handles collections of monies from patients at the time of registration. Observes strict confidentiality in dealing with patients and patient information. Schedules patient appointments and procedures. Verifies pain management benefits, insurance coverage, and obtains authorization for all visits and/or special procedures for Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Systems. Capable of assuming supervisory role in absence of office manager. Excels in customer service.
- Require a minimum of two (2) year's of experience in a customer service setting.
- Prefer previous college or vocational training.
- Prefer the ability to type 30-40 wpm.
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology and third party payers, and computer literacy with windows based programs.
- Prefer the ability to: establish and maintain effective working relationships; meet and communicate with the public in a courteous and professional manner, and handle difficult customers or situations.
- Prefer the ability to function in multiple tasks, prioritize duties and demonstrate initiative and self-direction.
HS EQ: High School Diploma, GED or Certificate
Required License and Certs
Preferred License and Certs