Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
My client, a successful Engineering company are offering a stable and lucrative career in their machine shop.
They are looking to add a Project/Production Planner to their team, this role will heavily involve the use of the Seiki planning software and the Progress MRP system.
The main duties of this role will include:
- Plan all orders in a timely manner to ensure delivery dates are achieved, liaise with all relevant departments.
- Update and bench mark plan at the end of every shift. Print off plan and put up on notice board after updating.
- Update and complete the plan info sheet, informing contract review of delivery dates and liaising with customers.
- Liaise with production support department to ensure all routings for repeat work are optimised and the most profitable method is used.
- Project manage all large volume/value orders and assembly orders, compiling spreadsheet to track routing through production. Update on a daily basis. Ensure all aspects of the order are met for the customer, liaising with the sales, production support including tooling and work holding, production including sub-contract processes, QA and transport departments to ensure all requirements are achieved.
- Liaise with customers to ensure all free issue materials are received in sufficient time for QA and production to begin manufacturing as per the plan.
- Liaise with shift managers and tooling technician to ensure all 5S projects are completed, ensuring adequate stock of work holding equipment including fasteners, fixings, parallels, etc.
- Compile inventory of all such equipment at all machines.
- Comply with all QA and Health & Safety rules and procedures.
The ideal candidate will hold some, if not all of the following skills:
- Previous experience of working within a material control/production planning role within a CNC Machining environment
- Use of the Seiki Planning software
- Use of Progress (Berkely Myles) MRP