This business is the UK's leading manufacturer in their FMCG field. They specialise in private label and contract manufacture of shelf ready goods for the global marketplace.
Their long-standing base of customers includes some of the world's largest retailers. They also manufacture and pack many internationally recognised brands. They have been expanding rapidly and have an exciting opportunity within their Technical Department based in their modern, purpose-built facility in Derbyshire.
The successful candidate will play a key role as one of the primary technical points of contact for clients customers working with the account managers supporting our technical requirements directly with our customers in the UK and Globally.
Packaging Technologist Salary, Hours, and Benefits
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Monday Friday, 9am to 5pm totalling 35 hours per week (with the option of Hybrid working)
- Costco Membership
- Corporate Memberships
- Employee Assistance Program
Commutable From: Derby, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Lichfield
Packing Technologist Candidate Requirements
- This role requires someone who is an experienced Manager with excellent attention to detail that can lead a team.
- The successful candidate will be a proficient Packaging Technologist with experience of working in a similar role within food manufacturing.
- Ideally you will also have a good understanding of UK retailer requirements and their supply chain.
- Driven to implement quality and sustainability goals and targets, with a focus on continual improvement.
- Be able to problem-solve and find solutions to meet customer and business needs.
- The role will have 5 reporting staff.
- You must be well-organised, proactive and a strong communicator at all levels, internally and externally.
Packaging Technologist Role Overview
The successful candidate will play a key role as Packaging Technologist for the business supporting their customers directly with packaging expertise in the UK and Globally.
The primary focus will be on meeting external customers technical requirements, both for products made at the Derbyshire site and at 3rd party sites. Key areas of responsibility will be to:
- Provide an efficient, accurate packaging technical service to internal and external customers/departments.
- Manage the NPI and artwork team within the technical department to ensure it provides efficient service with regard to artwork generation and product set up to internal and external customers/departments.
- To develop and advise on packaging for contract and retailer customers that is technically functional and meets customer expectations. Ensuring that final products are functional and fit for purpose meeting the packaging quality and standards in line with the Government and Customers sustainability and quality guidelines.
- Continually reviewing and researching for new packaging materials and solutions with Customers, Suppliers and other Partners.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994