Leeds-based integrated surveying, geophysics, utility mapping and engineering company, Met Consultancy Group, is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Graduate Entry Surveyor.
Graduate Entry Surveyor
Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1SW
Full Time, Permanent
£20,000-24,000 Competitive Dependant on Experience
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Met Consultancy Group are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
Graduate Surveyor Job Role:
Met Consultancy Group is looking for Graduates with a desire to enter the Geospatial professions. You would be part of site teams predominantly working on projects throughout Yorkshire and the M62 corridor but there will also be a requirement to work UK wide.
The role involves learning how to:
- Undertake topographic and measured building surveys.
- Use of survey equipment, including total stations, GNSS receivers and 3D HD laser scanners.
- Process and produce CAD plans using survey processing software and AutoCAD.
- Work safely on a range of sites including domestic, commercial and industrial.
- Opportunities to progress into monitoring, setting out and 3D modelling projects.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Keen and enthusiastic and enjoy working in the outdoor environment.
- Have knowledge of installing and observing control networks and understand good practice to ensure accuracy is maintained
- Experienced in the use survey equipment, such as Leica total stations and laser scanners
- Have knowledge of survey processing software, such as LSS & Cyclone and CAD packages, such as AutoCAD
- Motivated to assist in the production of high-quality, accurate data within tight timelines. Initially, you will work as part of a team, gradually as your knowledge and ability increase being given the responsibility to carry out surveys under supervision. Able to work around the UK with overnight stays
- Expected to pay attention to and respect our health and safety procedures, quality & environmental management systems. This includes basic experience of compiling method statements, risk assessments and knowledge of lone working procedures.
- Flexible with regard to working hours.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree, preferably within a geospatial discipline but this is not essential providing there is a willingness to learn the survey disciplines.
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in surveying and its associated disciplines.
- Right to work/stay with relevant permits & visas to live and work in the UK
- Good written and spoken English.
- A full UK valid driving licence.
- Enrolment to our Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme where appropriate,
- ICES membership fees paid,
- On the job training in Software, Hardware, Survey techniques, Health and Safety Opportunity to obtain qualifications in land surveying after an appropriate probation period and satisfactory performance
- First Aid Training
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enrolment on an employee discounts and rewards scheme
A full driving licence is essential.
How to apply for the Graduate Surveyor role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click apply today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Graduate Surveyor, Assistant Surveyor, Surveyor, Surveying, Geospatial, Construction, Site Surveyor, Surveying Jobs In Yorkshire.