Are you an enthusiastic and motivated individual? Do you have a desire to further your career in the Utility Mapping industry? Then look no further this may be the position for you!
Graduate Entry Trainee Utility Surveyor
From £18,000 p.a + excellent benefits
Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1SW
Full Time, Permanent
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
Trainee Utility Surveyor job role:
We are looking for trainees to work as part of a site team of two or three people predominantly working on projects throughout Yorkshire and the M62 corridor but there will also be a requirement to work UK-wide.
The successful candidate will learn how to use:
- GPS and Total Stations
- AutoCAD and processing software
- Electromagnetic Location equipment
- Ground Penetrating Radar
The role involves learning how to:
- Work safely on a range of sites including domestic, commercial and industrial.
- Carry out utility surveys, including working to PAS128 specifications
- Working in a field-based team undertaking utility and geophysical surveys
- Use electromagnetic detection and ground-penetrating radar to find buried features
- Processing data and preparing AutoCAD drawings and reports for clients.
Key Search Terms:
Utility Mapping, Surveying, Geospatial, Geomatics, Utilities, Total Station, Ground Penetrating Radar, GPR, AutoCad,
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Keen and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn from senior surveyors.
- Enjoy working outdoors as the majority of early training will be spent on live sites.
- Able to work as part of a team, developing the knowledge and ability to be given the responsibility to carry out surveys under supervision.
- Understand the importance of producing high-quality, accurate drawings within tight timelines.
- Expected to learn and respect our health and safety procedures, quality & environmental management systems.
- Able to work around the UK with overnight stays on occasion.
- Have some flexibility with regard to working hours.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 A Levels or equivalent
- A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in utility mapping.
- You will need to be UK resident or with the right to work/stay with relevant permits/visas to live and work in the UK with good written and spoken English.
- You will have a full UK or European driving licence.
- Enrolment to Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme where appropriate,
- ICES membership fees paid,
- QCF Level 3 & 4 training to certify you in Utility Mapping
- NRSWA, Confined Space training or recertification where appropriate.
- On-the-jobob training in Software, Hardware, Survey techniques, Health and Safety,
- First Aid Training
- Workplace Pension scheme,
- Child Care Voucher contributions
- Basic Health Care Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
How to apply for the Trainee Utility Surveyors job:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click apply today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click apply today and you will be directed to the company website where you will be able to submit an application form.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Trainee, Utility, Mapping, Surveyor, CAD, Infrastructure, Construction, Site Surveying,