SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR- Permanent OpportunityDivision: CivilsLocation: BelfastBenefits: Motor & Travel Allowance; Subsidised Private Medical Cover; Life Assurance Scheme; Living away from home allowance (where appropriate), Contributory Pension, 33 Days annual leave (Including Public Holidays)
We are a well-established and highly regarded Tier One contractor with our history dating back to 1798, proving that GRAHAM, even in our humblest beginnings, has been delivering lasting impact for clients for over 200 years.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Civil Engineering Division in central Belfast and support our team on an exciting development.
Were looking for someone with excellent Commercial acumen and a proven track record delivering commercially sound Civil Engineering Schemes.You are going to be responsible for detailed cost control and recovery of value on the project, whilst maintaining excellent relationships with our supply chain and sub-contractors on site. As well as working with and mentoring more junior members of staff.
Its important that youre well versed in the administration of NEC contracts, notably option4 as well as re-measured projects and CVRs.
MRICS/MCICES would be great, but not essential, similarly, a degree or equivalent would be highly advantageous.
GRAHAM is a company that takes pride in our collaborative approach and were looking for a real team player.
A full driving licence is essential.
About YouThe ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in a similar position with a main contractor.
Typical duties will include:
Our Commitment to you:
- Establishing the project budget including the allocation of cost codes to ensure detailed and accurate cost reporting is achieved.
- Review of main contract and subcontract terms and conditions, inclusive of stepping down conditions from main contract to subcontract.
- Procurement of subcontract packages including compilation of tender documentation.
- The detailed and transparent process of reporting on costs to date and forecasting cost to completion.
- Administration of the main contract and subcontracts, including compilation of contractual correspondence in relation to delays and associated loss and expense.
- Regular liaison and interface with the Employers team for the purposes of progressing the commercial aspects of the project.
- The day to day managing of staff resources to ensure the projects costs are known and managed effectively.
- Carrying out delay analysis including the preparation of narratives and loss and expense to support claim submissions.
- Handling subcontract issues as they arise.
- Ensuring the variation / compensation event mechanism is correctly and timeously followed to ensure the commercial protection of the business.
- Forecasting of cash flow / budget compilation.
- Liaising with procurement to set and agree allowances for the project.
- Attending progress / commercial meetings and representing the company in a commercial capacity.
We are proud to say that we are a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and we aim to be the first choice for people from all backgrounds. We seek to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunities. We believe that everyone should be treated solely on the basis of personal merit and contribution throughout their GRAHAM career journey and not on the value of artificial barriers, prejudices, or preferences.We are only able to consider applications from individuals who are eligible to live and work in the UK, as per Home Office regulations. Please check your eligibility with the regulations before applying, as we may be able to sponsor a work permit on your behalf. Individuals with a current time restricted right to work in the UK, should contact the Human Resources team in the first instance.A basic disclosure may be requested if security clearance is required by 3rd party clients and a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. Our Access NI/Vetting and Barring Scheme Policy and Policy on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders is available upon request.
Please apply to our vacancy portal by uploading a comprehensive and targeted CV with your relevant experiences. Note: All applicants must complete an online monitoring form.