Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Key Points About the Role as Shift Engineer:
- Full time, permanent role
- £45 - £50k per annum
- 4 days on, 4 days off
- Shift times 0600 - 1800 / 1800 - 0600
- Onsite parking and subsidised canteen
- National leading pet food company
Main Purpose of the Role as Shift Engineer:
- Use both mechanical and electrical engineering skills / knowledge to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment
- Provide first class, flexible support to production requirements and factory services at all times by means of the application of electrical/mechanical skills in fault-finding/diagnostics, planned preventative maintenance practices and electrical/mechanical installation.
- Train and develop production staff to deliver their first line maintenance objectives.
- As a Multi skilled Engineer you are responsible for achieving all K.P.I's within your areas of responsibility. You are expected to promote a culture of continuous improvement to improve processes and practices result in a quality product being manufactured safely at the lowest cost.
The Ideal Candidate for the Role as Shift Engineer:
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- 3 years minimum maintenance experience - food manufacturing environment preferable however not essential
- Understanding of PLC & computer controlled equipment
- Experience of working with PLC's (Siemens S7, S5 and Alan Bradley) desirable
- Competent electrical / electronic fault finding and analysis skills
- Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Flexible working attitude, as you will be required to work such other hours as the company may deem necessary.
- Sound communication / training skills
Company Benefits for the Role of Shift Engineer:
- Overtime paid after 38.5 hours
- Ability to earn up to 5 extra holidays per year
- Subsidised canteen
- Life insurance
- Store discounts
- Sick pay
- Company pension
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Apply today!