Quality Assurance Engineer 2
Job Description :
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. In Prime Video we are focused on delivering world's largest selection of digital video with the best possible immersive experience with deep insights, trivia, bonus content & relevant meta information. In this role, you will be engineering the next generation of applications that will deliver live sports, movies, series, seasons, and episodes to millions of customers across our ecosystem of client devices. Innovation is key on this team and we are looking for technically savvy individuals with the ability to think big & deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to lead testing for Prime Video X-Ray experiences in the Prime Video App, native iOS / Android as well as Web technologies. This role is one of full ownership for features â€' from design to development & deployment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the future of X-Ray experience on Movies and TV Shows. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation & thinking big is encouraged.
Key job responsibilities
1. Coordinate with multiple teams to communicate our technical requirements, drive schedules and review and help build test plans that test end-to-end functionality spanning services owned by multiple organizations.
2. Design, execute and automate tests of front end applications, and middle and back-end software across a variety of architectures and cutting-edge technologies.
3. Test systems at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
4. Grey box testers rather than black-box testers, able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools.
5. Work with Software Development Engineers and Business Owners to understand the technical implementation of features.
6. Work with business stakeholders, designers and customer service teams to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments.
7. Help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them at the earliest stage possible.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Basic Qualifications :
4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
Experience in manual testing
Experience in automation testing
Preferred Qualifications :
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.