Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Network Operations Consultant - Switching & Juniper
The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating and maintaining the health of Enterprise network. This team not only operates the networks by leveraging the latest in high scale networking hardware, multi-tier topology and advanced tooling but also solves complex technical problems for our customers. This team is pivotal in driving technology changes that ensure a safe and reliable network, manage operational changes, determine root cause of complex issues, develop automated tooling, and implement design optimizations that drive reliability.
This role will be responsible for:
- Proactive monitoring and maintaining network systems and applications to ensure overall system availability and performance.
- Troubleshooting network systems and recommending network improvements. Providing resolutions for network problems.
- Proactively identify network risks and drive improvements to enhance network resiliency and availability
- Responding to monitoring alerts, performing troubleshooting to resolve network incidents and rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages.
- Identify and drive automation opportunities that reduces failure rates and downtime of network
- Create and document action plans and standard operating procedures
- Safe execution of planned work to deploy production system changes & enhancements
- Performing capacity and resource planning to evaluate existing network systems.
- May include out of hours (24x7) activities to monitor the network and resolve complex issues to keep enterprise services available for End Users.
- It is critical to minimising the risk of introducing change related incidents into Production and keeping our systems safe
Minimum of 5+ years experience in networking with focus in Enterprise or Datacentre technologies.
- Strong practical knowledge of implementing/troubleshooting multi-vendor network environments such as Cisco/Juniper etc.
- Strong practical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols (examples: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and STP, VXLAN etc) and wireless technologies.
- Proven crisis management skills
- Prior experience in network operations/support.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Cisco & Juniper Routing Switching (Catalyst, ASR, EX Platforms)
- Cisco Wireless
- Juniper Mist deployment and troubleshooting
- IPSEC VPN and Security Protocols
- NAC and Cisco ISE
- Identifying automation opportunities - Technical and Process