Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Network Operations DC Consultant [Cisco Routers & BGP]
This role will be responsible for:
- Proactive monitoring and maintaining network systems and applications to ensure overall system availability and performance.
- Troubleshooting network systems and recommending network improvements. Providing resolutions for network problems.
- Proactively identify network risks and drive improvements to enhance network resiliency and availability
- Responding to monitoring alerts, performing troubleshooting to resolve network incidents and rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages.
- Identify and drive automation opportunities that reduces failure rates and downtime of network
- Create and document action plans and standard operating procedures
- Safe execution of planned work to deploy production system changes & enhancements
- Performing capacity and resource planning to evaluate existing network systems.
- May include out of hours (24x7) activities to monitor the network and resolve complex issues to keep enterprise services available for End Users.
It is critical to minimising the risk of introducing change related incidents into Production and keeping our systems safe
Minimum of 5+ years experience in networking with focus in Enterprise or Datacentre technologies.
- Strong practical knowledge of implementing/troubleshooting multi-vendor network environments such as Cisco/Juniper etc.
- Strong practical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols (examples: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and STP, VXLAN etc) and wireless technologies.
- Proven crisis management skills
- Prior experience in network operations/support.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Cisco Nexus Switching 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K
Cisco routers ISR\ASR
Layer 2 STP, LACP, VPC
Routing BGP, OSPF
Monitoring, Solarwinds, SNMP
Proven ability in fault escalation and resolution
Experience in incident management processes
Good To have:
Knowledge of load balancers and firewalls operation within the Datacentre Network