Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Network Operations Associate (Cisco)
The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating and maintaining the health of Enterprise network. This team not only operates the networks by leveraging the latest in high scale networking hardware, multi-tier topology and advanced tooling but also solves complex technical problems for our customers. This team is pivotal in driving technology changes that ensure a safe and reliable network, manage operational changes, determine root cause of complex issues, develop automated tooling, and implement design optimizations that drive reliability.
This role will be responsible for:
- Proactive monitoring and maintaining network systems and applications to ensure overall system availability and performance.
- Responding to monitoring alerts, performing troubleshooting to resolve network incidents, and escalating complex issues to the back-end engineering team.
- Communicating with internal customers, engineers, and other technical support teams to prevent any potential network incident risks.
- Generating action plans, standard operating procedures technical reports on the status of network operations including the networks state, incidents numbers and resolutions as well as perform adhoc analysis and tasks as assigned
- Rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages.
- Safe execution of planned work to deploy production system changes & enhancements
- Applying effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business impact.
- May include out of hours (24x7) activities to monitor the network and resolve complex issues to keep enterprise services available for End Users.
It is critical to minimizing the risk of introducing change related incidents into Production and keeping our systems safe.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in networking with focus in Enterprise or Datacentre technologies.
- Strong practical knowledge of implementing/troubleshooting multi-vendor network environments such as Cisco/Juniper etc.
- Strong practical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols (examples: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and STP, VXLAN etc) and wireless technologies.
- Proven crisis management skills
- Prior experience in network operations/support.
Must Have Skills:
- Cisco Nexus Switching 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K
- Cisco routers ISR\ASR
- Layer 2 STP, LACP, VPC
- Routing BGP, OSPF
Good to Have:
- Monitoring, Solarwinds, SNMP
- Juniper Knowledge
- Solid understanding of BGP and L2 network technologies
- Degree or tertiary education in technology required
- Network certifications such as CCNA/P, JNCIS/P etc
- Experience in shell Scripting and/or coding languages such as Python, Perl, or Shell (bash, ksh, csh) or similar.
- ITIL certifications a plus