Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Network Operations Associate (Cisco Routers and Switching)
This role will be responsible for:
- Proactive monitoring and maintaining network systems and applications to ensure overall system availability and performance.
- Responding to monitoring alerts, performing troubleshooting to resolve network incidents, and escalating complex issues to the back-end engineering team.
- Communicating with internal customers, engineers, and other technical support teams to prevent any potential network incident risks.
- Generating action plans, standard operating procedures technical reports on the status of network operations including the networks state, incidents numbers and resolutions as well as perform adhoc analysis and tasks as assigned
- Rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages.
- Safe execution of planned work to deploy production system changes & enhancements
- Applying effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business impact.
- May include out of hours (24x7) activities to monitor the network and resolve complex issues to keep enterprise services available for End Users.
It is critical to minimizing the risk of introducing change related incidents into Production and keeping our systems safe.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in networking with focus in Enterprise or Datacentre technologies.
- Strong practical knowledge of implementing/troubleshooting multi-vendor network environments such as Cisco/Juniper etc.
- Strong practical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols (examples: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and STP, VXLAN etc) and wireless technologies.
- Proven crisis management skills
- Prior experience in network operations/support.
Must Have Skills:
Cisco & Juniper Routing Switching (Catalyst, ASR, EX Platforms)
IPSEC VPN and Security Protocols
NAC and Cisco ISE
Good to Have:
SDWAN - Cisco
Monitoring tools - eg. Solarwinds, 1000eyes etc
With regards to automation, any exposure automating process or technical routine scripts that improve efficiency
- Degree or tertiary education in technology required
- Network certifications such as CCNA/P, JNCIS/P etc
- Experience in shell Scripting and/or coding languages such as Python, Perl, or Shell (bash, ksh, csh) or similar.
- ITIL certifications a plus