Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Testing Engineer ( Automation)
About this team
This role is on Retail Services team in the lululemon technology organization. This team is responsible for creating apis and backend integration following microservices architecture principals on AWS cloud infrastructure stack.
This SDET position is a highly technical role with accountability for software development in Test scoped to business-transformative projects and is involved with projects from inception through implementation. Our team is fast-paced and taking on exciting new initiatives to support a fast-growing business. We strive to adopt leading-edge technology and seek to improve on the solutions continuously. We are not afraid to try new things, have fun, and encourage each other to take on new challenges. We support each other in growing professionally and personally. We fail forward and learn from our mistakes, thus creating a better path ahead. We create space for team members to share feedback and ideas that can help us continually grow as an organization.
We operate following agile framework and leverage multiple product teams across our various functions. We encourage our teams to norm and figure out the best way to deliver critical business initiatives. We institute a culture of fun and lightheartedness to enjoy work each day. We are inclusive and know that we are stronger as a team than as an individual.
Experience and Skillset:
- Translates business requirements to functional and technical requirements
- Contributes to planning and implementation for new applications and systems
- Thinks to improve the quality of product and QA best practices
- Knows to reproduce production issues into Stage and QA environment for debugging
- Effectively manages and reports on QA risks and mitigation and QA timelines.
- Develops relationships and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders for QA timelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple project deadlines
- Stakeholder communication - Any deviations in QA timelines are tracked and dealt with in a timely fashion
- Comfortable with OOPS concepts and with SQL
- Demonstrated ability to own, design, lead and implement test strategies for complex applications and deployment topologies
- Demonstrated ability to independently take a project from idea to design to production deployment
- Experience managing multiple projects and multiple resources is required.
- Familiarity with establishing CI/CD Pipelines for efficient testing coverage
- Deep understanding of development and deployment of Cloud based solutions
- Demonstrated skills in code repositories like GitHub
- Platforms used: Windows, Android/iOS mobile OS
- Worked on Postman API Development Environment and Other Back-end Testing Tools
- Uses algorithms, data structures, programming languages, programming paradigms to create, test and operate sustainable software applications and services.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or in a related technical field or equivalent technology experience.
- 4+ years of QA experience
- 2+ Years of experience working on Java Unit Testing frameworks
- Automation experience with Oracle Xstore software is a plus
- Exposure to Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Artifactory, Apigee, Terraform, Vault, okta is a plus
- Familiar with the basics of Messaging architectures Preferably Kafka
- Technical Documentation skills, Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with IT SDLC processes, Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Ability to successfully work with different project teams with competing priorities
- Automation testing experience using BDD/ TDD software development processes
- Experience architecting test automation frameworks and establishing CI/ CD pipelines using Docker and Jenkins
- Experience with a variety of test tools and software testing practices, including developing, implementing, maintaining, and managing manual/automated testing systems and environments.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesnt take themselves too seriously
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.