We are looking for an excellent Legal Counsel to add value to and be the backbone of our business. You will ensure that company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organization and facilitate business strategies development. This is an exceptional opportunity to provide leadership and partnership to a company on the frontiers of its next big growth leap.
The Legal Counsel will work with the senior leadership team, sales teams and other functions and will collaborate with several verticals including sales operations, finance, sales executives, information security and procurement to build scalable legal processes and ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
Duties also include negotiating commercial agreements including enterprise customer agreements, SOWs, DPAs, technology partnerships, reseller agreements and procurement agreements. As part of the responsibilities, the Legal Counsel will create and refine standard form agreements, playbooks and legal processes that mitigate risks while enabling deal velocity and scale. S/he will also manage regulatory risk relating to data privacy and data security.
As Talent500 scales across multiple international geographies, the Legal Counsel will also play a key role in identifying legal partners & in-house teams across these geographies to help setup legal & regulatory infrastructure required for Talent500 to effectively operate in these geographies.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base your decision making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients)
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Meet legal objectives
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- 12 to 15 years of legal experience including 3-5 years of legal experience in a high-growth tech / IT environment
- Strong experience in
- Drafting and negotiating enterprise software customer agreements, SOWs, DPAs, technology partnerships, reseller agreements and procurement agreements
- Data privacy and data security regulation and practice, particularly as applied to a Technology / IT Services business
- Employment law experience, in both India & the US
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with executive, colleagues, customers, partners and external advisors
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, employment / labor law, litigations etc), with expertise across both India & US law
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to see around the corner