4510 Old International Airport Rd Ste 101, Anchorage, Alaska 99502
Mate of Towing 200 GT
We are Alaska's tug andbarge company- and are growing.
Cook Inlet Tug & Bargehasprovidedmarine services since 1924. We specialize in harbor services and fuel distribution throughout South Central, Southeast and Western Alaska. Visit www.cookinlettug.com to learn more about us.
Why Cook Inlet Tug & Barge?
Simply put, Cook Inlet Tug &Bargeisa team ofexceptionalmerchant mariners. If you are looking forsteady year-round work andenjoy what you do,this isan opportunity of a lifetime! We are committed to employee safety and take pride in our professional operations.
We offer competitive pay and a full package of benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more to our full-time employees.
Get your application in today at: https://www.cookinlettug.com/careers!
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Mate you are responsible to the Captain for the safety and security of the vessel.
Working at the direction of the Captain to perform various tasks such as:
- Ensuring crew's welfare and training in areas such as safety, firefighting, search and rescue.
- Ensure the safe navigation of the vessel while steering, operating, pushing, and pulling barges and other vessels under tow, while docking, or unloading.
- Implement company policies and procedures, and general maritime industry standards to maintain a safe work environment.
- Focus on water depth, weather, surging and other traffic.
- Keeping the tow wire clear of the bottom, navigational aids, and other vessels.
- Assist with inspections and conduct required drills, training, safety meetings and records per company policy to include essential notifications.
- Other duties as assigned, including, working on deck and barges.
- Mate of Towing 200 GT inland (near coastal preferred) with Towing Endorsement (TOAR) required.
- Any AB rating (Able Seaman), Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW) and Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boat with Life Boatman (preferred).
- Valid USCG Merchant Mariner Credential required and PIC (preferred).
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- Valid state driver's license.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Experience and Skills:
- Two (2) years of previous experience as a Deckhand operating harbor tugs with ASD propulsion (preferred).
- Z drive experience highly preferred.
- Three (3) years of sea-going experience on towing vessels (preferred).
- Marine operations background and familiar with shipyards and tugs(preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of Maritime law and current updates.
- Skilled with equipment best suited to handle the job at hand.
- Lodging and provisions on the vessel.
- Must bephysicallyfittoclimb aboard tugs and barges, ascend and descend ladders and balance while aboard vessels in aseaway; kneel,stoop, use stairs, reach overhead, and stand forlong periods.
- Comfortable with heights or narrow walkways.
- Must be able to work 12 hours a day every day.
- Exposure toallweather conditions(rain, ice, snow, heat,wind, etc.).
- Year-round work, typical shift is two weeks on/off.
Cook Inlet Tug & Barge is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. We are a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.