At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
It's official: Bazaarvoice is a Great Place to Work in the US , Australia and the UK!Job Description:
Bazaarvoice has access to the sentiment contained in hundreds of millions of reviews on hundreds of millions of products across a variety of industries as well as the browsing behavior on close to 600 million users a month across our client sites. Our analytics teams leverage these data sets to help our clients build better products, build stronger relationships with their customers, and make decisions on when and where to offer products. Analytics creates Bazaarvoice products that help companies understand the competitive positioning of their products. A big area of business growth for Bazaarvoice will come from the efforts of our analytics team. We are looking for a great software engineer to help build the reportable data store of Bazaarvoice data that will power our client-facing reporting, product performance reporting, and financial reporting. You will also help us aggregate data sets to build out known new product offerings related to analytics and media as well as a number of pilot initiatives based on this data. You will need to understand the business cases of the various products and build tools as well as data sets and access methodologies to support all of them in a scalable way. In addition, you will help us pick and choose the right technologies for this platform.
In your first 90 days you can expect the following:
- An overview of our Big Data engineering code base and development model.
- Access to the different data sets as well as training on who uses them and how they use them.
- By the end of the 90 days, you will be able to complete enhancements to code performing large-scale analytics using Java/Scala as well as the ability to make incremental changes to existing analytics jobs.
Within the first year you will:
- Own design, implementation, and support of major components of analytics development. This includes definition of data to be captured, how it should be aggregated and made available, and implementation of those mechanisms.
- Have a complete grasp of the technology stack and help guide where we go next.
Necessary skills and experience:
- 7+ years of experience with highly scalable distributed systems using open-source tools.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support).
- An ability to demonstrate and mentor on software engineering fundamentals such as OO design, unit testing, code reuse, code reviews.
- Experience building large-scale data processing systems with extensive knowledge in data warehousing solutions. This includes developing prototypes and proof-of-concepts for the selected solutions.
- Extensive knowledge in different programming/scripting languages such as Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with multiple batch and streaming big-data stacks such as Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, or RDBMS.
- An understanding and experience building high-performance algorithms.
- Knowledge of the following technologies or concepts: Data ETL and data modeling, Modern build tools such as Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, etc., Agile development methodology, and Linux.
#LI-MW1#LI-RemoteWhy join Bazaarvoice? Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers' outcomes. We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it's in our DNA. We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity. We love what we do, and because we're laser focused on our mission.Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo. We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.Stronger Together
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives. We champion what's best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams. As a stronger company we build a stronger community.Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world's smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.