This opportunity is located within our Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company business, a global leader of mission-critical hardware and systems solutions including precision energetics systems and innovative explosive solutions.
This position will primarily support one Value Stream. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of quality engineering.
- Develop product specific quality programs that comply with customer requirements and achieve EBA&D cost and delivery expectations.
- Determine root cause and implement corrective actions for customer complaints and product defects.
- Host external quality audits and participate in internal quality audits.
- Participates in new product development and product failure investigations.
- Use statistical methods to improve product quality and reduce defects.
- Conduct GR&R and process capability studies.
- Interface with a variety of personnel in support of production including operators, quality engineers, inspectors, shop floor supervisors, program managers, product engineers and design engineers.
- Maintain product First Article status in accordance with customer and AS9102 requirements.
- Interface with suppliers and customers concerning program quality requirements.
The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering and 3+ years of experience in quality engineering.
Required experience includes:
- Interfacing with customers and suppliers concerning product quality.
- Interpreting customer specifications and then designing and implementing an effective quality program.
- ISO 9000/AS 9100 quality systems.
- Must have production floor experience, defect reduction, and process improvement.
- Must have experience in root cause/corrective and preventative action and the ability to lead project teams and customers through the analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software.
- Significant experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement and strong problem solving skills.
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.