BASE Program Site Leader
GRADE: G5 (Hourly Range/Step 1 - Step 8: $16.49 - $20.33)
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $16.49
Hourly range effective July 1, 2022) Step 1 - $17.99 - Step 8 - $22.17 Current hourly rate Step 1 - $16.49 - Step 8 - $20.33
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 15
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1054
POSITION TYPE: NEW - PERMANENT/REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
Two positions will be filled from this opening.
SUMMARY: Lead and support children in the BASE Program during educational and recreational activities and field trips. Duties include providing direction, guidance and assistance to students; effectively handling student discipline situations; ensuring student safety and security; communicating with parents, staff, teachers and site director; opening, closing and securing school building; preparing snacks; cleaning classroom areas; recording attendance; assisting sick or injured students; assisting BASE Program site director with supervision of staff; and creating new activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Supervise, support, guide and assist students during crafts, art projects, games and other activities to provide developmental stimulation and meet the children's needs. Create interesting, educational activities to engage the interest of students. Monitor student behavior during activities, effectively handle student discipline situations and encourage and support positive behavior. Record attendance and contact parents regarding absent students.
2. Observe the children and monitor the safety and security of the building at all times to ensure the children's health and safety. Distribute medicine to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed. Maintain student to staff ratios.
3. Assist BASE Program director with developing and supporting BASE Program site aides including mentoring, training, and completing paperwork, interviewing and hiring. Supervise and maintain order of staff and students and communicate any issues to the site director. May be responsible for review, approval and verification of reported time using the district time and labor system.
4. Communicate with parents, staff and teachers information regarding child and/or program.
5. Call parents to get authorization for an unauthorized adult to pick up the student from the program. Check identification of adults picking up students
6. Open and close school building and secure school building at the end of the program by locking doors and turning off lights.
7. Prepare snacks and clean the activity, cafeteria and kitchen areas after use.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum of 6 months of experience in supervising and monitoring students.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* Must be qualified based on the Department of Human Services regulations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
* Criminal background check required for hire.
* CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications are required within 90 days after entering position. Will be required to take medication administration training as needed.
* Must complete current state required annual continuing education (presently 15 hours minimum) related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity, and professionalism.
All Classified positions are paid on an hourly basis. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Final hourly placement on the Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade Level for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to the number of work experience credits or service years. See our Classified Salary Schedule for hourly rates. For additional compensation information, please refer to Classified Master Agreement.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.