AWS Cloud Engineer
- Automate deployment of applications and infrastructure as part of the application development process.
- Work throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) to ensure applications are scalable, available, efficient, and performant.
- Develop and support internal tools and services to integrate, deploy, and operate applications to optimize impact on department results.
- Consult with and advise senior stakeholders, development, product, and operations teams on DevOps best practices; make recommendations for solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform collaborative infrastructure development and testing to ensure IS App Delivery will meet the demands of the organization's and client's rapidly growing systems.
- Improve automated cloud configuration, deployments, monitoring, management, and incident response.
- Collaborate to investigate and remediate complex issues, striving for integrated, automated monitoring and self-healing, bringing Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles to IS operations.
- Create and provide training documentation to assist new staff and internal teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Or, any combination of education and experience which would provide the required qualifications for the position.
3+ years of experience in systems administration, software engineering, software development, or related experience.
5+ years of experience in software engineering, software development or related experience.
5+ years of experience in systems administration.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect / Developer / SysOps Administrator.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge and experience in Windows or Linux shell scripting and a language like Python and PowerShell.
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure-as-code tooling like CloudFormation & Terraform
- Knowledge and experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and containerization technologies
- Knowledge and experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases like Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Knowledge and experience with deploying and managing enterprise-scale applications in cloud services like AWS.
- Knowledge and experience in building and testing software using Jenkins or similar continuous integration systems.
- Experience with modern source control and ticketing tools such as Git, Jira, and Confluence.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment employing a hands-on approach with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) using tact, courtesy, and patience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships through collaboration and respect.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
The Sr. Engineer, IS App Delivery will work across the product development and IS organizations to engineer infrastructure, tools, and best practices to improve the organization's operational efficiencies to ensure a positive client experience. The incumbent will collaborate with software engineering to deploy and automate cloud applications, services, and infrastructure, as well as build and maintain tools to support the development and deployment of healthcare services in the cloud.
Remote Location, Any, 00000