FNP/PMHNP, Instructor/Assistant Professor
Leach College of Nursing - Joliet, IL main campus
The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois, invites applications for an Instructor/Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Mental Health.
This is a teaching instructor or tenure-track position.
The Leach College of Nursing offers CCNE accredited undergraduate and graduate programs as well as a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. We serve traditional aged and adult students through a variety of learning modalities.
Founded in 1920, The University of St. Francis is an award-winning, high-quality, Catholic, Franciscan university. The university is in a residential neighborhood 35 miles southwest of Chicago with satellite locations in downtown Joliet, IL, and Albuquerque, NM. The surrounding Chicagoland area offers robust park and recreation resources, major league sports, cultural arts, museums, festivals, shopping, restaurants, and two major airports. The University of St. Francis is a welcoming community of learners committed to enhancing diversity and equity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Uphold and fulfill the mission and philosophy of the Leach College of Nursing.
Participate in and promote a culture of continuing quality improvement
Responsibilities include teaching 12 to 15 credit hours per semester (depending on whether tenure or non-tenure track position) of upper and lower division courses; academic advising; clinical supervision of students; ongoing scholarly activity; and participation in committee work, public service and professional organizations.
- Master's degree in nursing
- Board certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse license
- Potential for leadership within the institution, profession and community
- A willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Work is performed in classroom and office settings with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- Established record of effective teaching, research, service, and professional experience
- Expertise in the use of technology and web-based nursing education
- Experience in evidence-based and outcomes-oriented assessment, education and clinical practices.
- Experience in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Innovative in instructional practices and technology.
This is a full-time, nine-month contract position, August - May. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Physical Requirements of Position
Work is performed in office, classroom and clinical settings and in the community with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled