Free Meals! $1,000 Sign-On Bonus (This signing bonus is available for non-on call positions.) Free Onsite Parking!
Era Living is seeking a Recreation Assistant to become the newest member of our Life Enrichment team located in our University House Issaquah community in Issaquah, WA. We will consider someone who can work in a part-time or on-call capacity. Join our team and set a schedule that works for you!
Competitive Compensation and a Complete Benefits Package including:
- Company Sponsored Health Plan
- 401k with Generous Employer Match
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Leadership & Longevity Bonuses
- Employee Discount Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- The advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements!
**Eligibility contingent on meeting requirements of each benefit (hours worked, age, etc.)
The Recreation Assistant leads small and large resident recreation group activities including cognitive enrichment activities, physical fitness activities and classes, and off-site outings. The role assists with social programming and planning. All duties must be performed while ensuring resident safety, maintaining confidentiality and showing sensitivity to the needs and concerns of older adults.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess and maintain a valid WA State Driver License and driving record compliant with Era Living Qualified and Authorized Drivers policy, required
- Experience leading group activities and fitness programs, preferred
- Experience using computers: word processing, Publisher and Excel, required
- Possess excellent time management and attention to detail skills; Proven ability to meet strict deadlines and within allotted time frames, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to read, write and communicate in English, required
- Ability to pass DSHS background check, required
- Must comply with the Washington State COVID-19 vaccination requirement for healthcare workers
Education and Experience:
- High-school diploma or GED equivalent, required; some post-secondary education preferred
- Experience leading group activities and fitness programs; experience working with older adults or persons with cognitive impairments preferred
- First Aid and CPR certified or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Food Handler’s Certificate or able to obtain within 14 days of hire
- Washington State Alcohol Permit or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Complete Caregiver Dementia and Caregiver Mental Health training within 120 days of hire
- Must complete 70 hour course to earn a long term care aide certificate within 120 days of hire (** Not required if worked in boarding home setting in 2011)
- Complete 12 hours of Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) yearly (completed by birthdate)
About Era Living:
If you are passionate about improving the quality of life for older adults and exemplify a values based approach to your work, demonstrating integrity, credibility, consistency, strong team orientation, and outstanding communication, we welcome your application!
Era Living has been voted #4 Best Place to Work in Seattle 2017 (CityVoter’s) and Top 5 BEST Places to Work in 2014 & 2015 (King5 Best of Western Washington!).