WHO WE ARE
Canadian Linen & Uniform Service (CLAUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 300,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, CLAUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. CLAUS operates from over 16 locations nationwide.
Responsible for overall execution of daily laundry production activities while ensuring cost effectiveness, timeliness, and accuracy of processing as well as high product quality. Manages staff to ensure standardized, safe, and efficient processing of soiled garments/products: wash and dry aisle; dryer offloading, sorting and bundling, and processing of product for storage or delivery. Monitors production levels and proactively adjusts to ensure product output levels are met in a timely, safe, cost-effective manner, and in line with quality standards. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with Branch Management team and keeps them informed of production issues. Leverages resources of Engineering team as needed to address and overcome production issues. This position is required to follow Company policies and legal requirements, including among other things; Statement of Business Ethics; equal opportunity; confidentiality/non-disclosure; and harassment-free, respectful, violence-free and drug-free workplace.
- Manage the day-to-day production activities at branch. Ensure processing takes place in a timely, safe, cost-effective, and efficient manner. Activities to be managed include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and supports a culture of adherence to branch standardization in support of, financial, quality, service, and safety goals. Ensures this dedication is followed by entire production staff.
- Sets and ensure production goals are meet for the efficient, timely, quality and profitable completion of activities for a given product.
- Schedules workflow and daily production for the branch. Coordinates plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Perform production audits in plant, as needed, to ensure optimum production efficiency and quality outputs.
- Proactively intervenes when there are found bottlenecks or issues with any production run or process. Seeks out efficient and timely resolution to issues. Communicates with branch management on resolution activities and timing.
- Establish close working relationship with plant engineer to ensure efficient, safe, and cost-effective review of equipment, energy, and waste-water processing.
- Work with branch management, identify and implement systems and methods that will improve operating efficiency consistent with operating goals, cost constrains and safety guidelines.
- Ensure production measures (i.e. production costs and product quality) are up to date and trends are communicated to branch management. Suggests modifications to production as needed to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the plan.
Production Team Oversight and Development
- Responsible for the hiring, placement, and removal of production staff within branch. Consults and works with management on the best action to take in regard to staffing.
- Effectively evaluates, coaches, and develops each team and their skills in accordance with Company policies and all applicable laws to grow and develop each team.
- Proactively leads and champions Talent Development programs and efforts within assigned area(s) of responsibility. Ensures all production employees receive needed job training.
- Participates in the appropriate and fair resolution of union issues when necessary.
- Ensure the branch is consistent in its management and application of safety tasks and activities on a daily/weekly basis.
- Work with the Safety Manager as needed to establish safety rules and guidelines for the location. Maintain steady communication with key leaders within the branch to ensure safety is a topic of keen interest for all employees.
- 2+ years of experience as a supervisor/management.
- Proven track record of increasing responsibilities with documented business results
- Proven ability to build effective professional relationships cross-departmentally
- Demonstrated capability with competencies for the position.
- Able to work on feet in a fast-paced environment for upwards of 8 hours daily, climb stairs, and lift 20+ lbs
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Ability to multi-task while encountering frequent interruptions in a busy environment
- Strong clear, communication skills; with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and personalities
- Team player, & leader who can make decisions, solve problems and analyze issues
- Self-starter with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Job stability: Canadian Linen has been employing people for over 95 years in Canada
- Competitive Pay Rate: Base salary + Bonus
- Great benefits and employee assistance program
- Company pension with employer match
- Educational Assistant Program, ongoing paid training and mentoring
- Great teammates and collaborative work environment
- A consistently growing company that promotes from within
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for a telephone interview will be contacted.
Canadian Linen & Uniform Service (CLAUS) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.