Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assembling IntelliRupters at one of several stations, in sizes approximately 9' x 4' x 4'.
- Identifying, transporting, installing, mounting and bolting all switch components (ranging from 5 lbs. to over 25 lbs. without equipment assistance). Some judgment required to assemble and make simple adjustments.
- Performing mechanical inspection using torque wrenches, screwdriver and tape measure.
- Using simple material handling equipment, hand tools, power tools, simple gauges and instruments, and overhead cranes, if required.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Basic knowledge of mechanical assembly operations.
- Ability to use basic shop math and measuring tools such as tape measures.
- Ability to use air impact tools and other hand-held tools.
- Ability to follow specific instructions and procedures and read assembly prints.
Relevant Work Experience:
Mechanical assembly experience preferred.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with frequent walking.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Walking: Frequent walking of short distances (approx. 200 feet or less).
- Carrying: Frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional use of manual or electric hand trucks to move parts a moderate distance.
- Pulling: Occasional use of manual or electric hand trucks to move parts a moderate distance.
- Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required to complete assembly tasks.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 75 lbs. along with a variety of hand tools.