EV sales are growing 150% every year and charger installations are expanding at a similar rate. The problem today is that chargers are difficult to find, have non-intuitive payments and are confusing to use.
Bonnet is a startup that is looking to flip the EV charging experience on its head. Backed by Porsche and the British Government, the company is looking to bring some customer- centricity and new technologies to the EV charging sector. The app is a one-stop-shop for EV charging away from home, allowing drivers to see, route to and pay for chargers.
Bonnet’s mission is to fight climate change by accelerating the uptake of sustainable transport. We want to become the largest and most reliable network of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in the world and put ‘range anxiety’ to bed. Through software alone, we turn every public and private charging location into an accessible and simple charge point that any driver can use.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to contribute to a project in its early days. As a young and quickly- growing startup in a nascent market, we create new technologies for our customers and are looking for creative minds to join our team. It is a great way to learn about a rapidly expanding industry (wink wink Tesla) and become an expert and pioneer in a vital sector of the future.
For a company of such a size, it is a relatively senior position as you will be one of the early employees with the potential for quick career progression. You will be working directly under our CEO in a high-responsibility role, working on delivering the most user-friendly products to our customers.
- Be fully responsible for the ongoing design of Bonnet’s native iOS and Android apps
- Craft customer journeys throughout every element of their journey with Bonnet to reduce friction and improve UX
- Illustrate ideas through storyboards, process flows, etc.
- Develop product roadmap based on customer feedback and internal data
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with developers
- Work closely with developers to introduce new features and maintain/improve existent features
- Create a consistent/standardised brand image to be used across all company products and materials
- Probably many other things that we aren’t even aware off since that’s how the startup life goes!
- Professional experience in designing mobile apps
- Understanding how every pixel and button contributes to the high-level picture
- Independent worker, taking ownership of own work stream and projects
- Super creative individual who can come up with ideas; borrow from other verticals and sectors
- Knowledge and industry experience of prototyping tools. We use Figma, but are open to whatever you prefer
- Comfortable with all phases of design: Empathise, Define (the problem), Ideate, Prototype, and Test
- Interest in how your work is developed, striving to understand as much as you can about front and back-end development, and see yourself as extension of the engineering team
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- 30 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Weekly team lunches
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Stock options
- Intro call
- Call w/ product team
- Final call
User Research, User Flows, Prototyping, Wireframing, Product DesignFigma, User Research, User Personas, User Flows, Wireframing, Prototyping, A/B Testing, Product Design