For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home dcor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com and Horchow.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality end-to-end solutions. As a full-stack engineer you will have domain expertise in key areas but work fluidly across different programming languages and technologies
- Ability to be a hands on senior engineer in the team that can be relied upon to perform complex tasks and POC / Spikes with very little oversight
- Develop and deploy solutions with a focus on end-user experience, accessibility, high availability, low latency and scalability
- Participate in design discussions and ensure designs are aligned with architecture and roadmap. Lead with Design approaches for defined problems.
- Supervise, test, and continuously optimize your designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Skilled ability to embrace continuous improvement
- Ability to take on operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Must be able to research, build POCs using nodeJS, ReactJS, AWS Serverless tech stack, Spring boot, Docker and other cloud native tools and frameworks.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with results-oriented work and flexibility to acquire / learn new skills.
Essential Abilities, Skills And Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent. Masters degree is preferred
- 5+ years experience delivering highly available web/mobile applications. Prior experience in retail domain is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience working with distributed teams
- Deep knowledge of UI Libraries / Frameworks, API (REST), API Management and building scalable and high performance Web APIs
- Experience with AWS Serverless Cloud native services with Lambda functions, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, API Gateway
- Strong knowledge of Caching frameworks, data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL data stores, storage and distributed persistence technologies
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Passionate about enabling next generation experiences
- Experience with automated testing, deployment pipelines and cloud based infrastructure.