We are seeking a talented and motivated Systems Engineer who will join our diverse engineering team to develop drone detection, tracking, identification, and counter-measure solutions. As a System Engineer at WhiteFox, you will utilize your experience, knowledge and engineering skills to translate business needs into technical requirements, support technical trade studies, plan and execute verification and validation activities on company products. Systems Engineers analyze, design, develop and test systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort. Additional responsibilities may include working with the customer to formulate operational concepts; perform mission, functional, cost-benefit and risk analyses; selecting systems architecture; and preparing specifications. The ideal candidate has the ability to analyze and conduct system trades, has experience supporting HW and SW development activities, and work effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional team. You will be involved through the entire development process from conception, design, testing, manufacturing, qualification, and product release.Responsibilities
- Lead the development, design, definition and implementation of system requirements, system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters by using current systems engineering methods and technologies. May include simulations, mathematical analysis and/or system interaction analysis.
- Define quantitative design parameters for the system and its functional elements to include but not limited to: timing and sizing, range performance, key system operational metrics.
- Break systems down into their constituent functions and map how each function will work within the overall system to ensure products operate as intended.
- Develop scenarios and Operational Concepts that describe the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment
- Evaluate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses and system design reviews
- Provide technical expertise in the development of hardware and software systems and associated interfaces
- Generate new product requirements through consultation with customers and sales personnel.
- Draft system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
- Be a key contributor to the preparation of successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and technical write ups.
- Operate as a key member of a team of creative, independent individuals
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Understand competitors' products and solutions
- A bachelor's or master's degree in electrical engineering, physics, math, computer science, or computer engineering
- 5+ years of experience in systems design and development
- Experience with architecture, design, integration and test of RF based systems
- Familiarity with Software Defined Radios and their use in real-time systems
- Experience with MATLAB and/or other system analysis tools
- Working knowledge of modern signal processing principals
- Programming ability in micro-controllers, C or C++, Python or other high level language
- Must be eligible to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) access requirements
- High level of self-motivation and drive to make an impact
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
Los Angeles, CA (willing to consider remote applicants)Compensation
- Competitive salary offered
- Company stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
WhiteFox, a drone airspace security company, is pioneering the safe integration of drones into society. WhiteFox develops products that save lives, protect property, and safeguard privacy.
WhiteFox started as a drone manufacturer-we're enthusiasts who want them to fly safely and legally. When we realized there were no mechanisms of enforcement to protect against their misuse, we set out to develop a solution. WhiteFox's mission is to keep the sky open for responsible pilots and advancing drone technology for the benefit of society.
In a constantly changing industry, WhiteFox is pushing the boundaries of what it means to be secure.
WhiteFox Defense Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals. We conduct background checks on all final candidates for the safety of our employees and the health of our company.