Our people create our best Plexus. WHO WE ARE
We're a global team of over 19,000 engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and aftermarket service experts who partner with customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
We are passionate about innovating, creating and delivering products that change people's lives. From surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products, we partner with our customers to help create the products that build a better world.
Whether you're looking to start, make a change or advance your career, find your path at Plexus Corp. and leave your mark on the world. WHY WE LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that inspire and empower you to realize your full potential. Leadership and development programs to support your career goals. A workplace centered on inclusion and collaboration. At Plexus, we're at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork. HOW YOU WILL DO IT
As a Digital Design Engineer Level I at Plexus Engineering Solutions, you will design and develop electronic hardware for products across a wide range of industries. This role collaborates with talented software, mechanical, quality, manufacturing and test engineers throughout all phases of the product development life cycle - from idea and conceptualize; through requirements, design, and development; to manufacturing transition and into the market.
- Architect and design electronic digital circuitry for industrial, healthcare/life sciences, and aerospace/defense market sectors
- Utilize schematic capture tools, define printed circuit board (PCB) constraints and layer stack up, and oversee PCB layout for moderate-to-complex designs
- Implement good design practices for Signal Integrity and EMI mitigation
- Analyze circuit designs with simulation tools
- Take detailed measurements of hardware using standard electrical measurement tools including oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers to assess circuit performance and inform design improvements
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in PCBA debugging/troubleshooting of typical issues encountered within the product development cycle
- Collaborate with a team of other digital, analog, software, mechanical, and system engineers to review and improve hardware designs
- Receive expert mentorship, guidance, and coaching from experienced hardware engineers
Additional Job Description for Digital Engineer with an FPGA Emphasis (optional):
- Demonstrate proficiency with HDL languages (i.e. VHDL, SystemVerilog) to model hardware behavior
- Proficient in synthesis, timing analysis/closure, and place and route using Vivado and/or Quartus
- Implement fully self-checking test benches with directed and constrained random test cases
- Optimize FPGA pinouts and oversee PCB layouts of FPGA supporting circuitry
Your education, experience, and continued professional development...
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering is almost always required for this position. Bachelor's degrees in Electrical or Bio-medical related Engineering fields will be considered if strong Computer Engineering background can be shown
- Industry experience requirements vary for this position, assuming education requirements are met, and we are currently hiring for all levels:
- Recent Graduate - No industry experience is required, however internship, co-op, or similar experience is strongly preferred
- Level I - 1+ years of experience is required
Our commitment to you is continuous growth and improvement through learning and development. You will learn from business leaders, diverse project teams, and technical subject matter experts via mentoring, coaching, and on-the-job training.
Work style assessments and performance evaluations guide development at every career stage:
About Plexus Engineering Solutions
- Online development library provides on-demand learning resources
- Classroom, online, and experiential learning opportunities available
- Tuition reimbursement for advanced university courses is available
- Coaching and development supported by online development goal setting
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.About The Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions' Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the "Best Small Places for Business and Careers" by Forbes.com while also being named one of the Top 10 Best Affordable Places to Live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle and small-town culture with a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S. persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.