Rockland Trust is currently seeking a Branch Manager II.
The Branch Manager II works directly with the District or Regional Manager to build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a strong team utilizing a consultative sales approach.The Branch Manager II:
- Ensures a consistent world class customer experience through cultivating a customer centric retail environment focused on identifying and providing team based solutions for customers financial needs.
- Accountable for partnering with and referring business to all lines of business partners including but not limited to Business Banking, Commercial, Cash Management, Mortgage, Wealth Management and Investments.
- Fosters and nurtures a climate of teamwork and actively participates in cross-functional projects and respond to Internal Business Partners in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Cultivates sales opportunities through networking, relationship building, digital networking and outside sales calls. Participates in local events and is highly visible within the community.
- Acts as an ambassador of the bank actively promoting the bank through CRA activities and community involvement. Becomes an active member of a key business non-profit organization in your market area.
Qualifications Required Skills:
- Sets the sales and service standards in the branch and ensures that employees are trained and motivated toward achieving the standards using a needs based consultative sales approach. Meets or exceeds all customer experience, sales, and financial goals through employee skills and results coaching.
- Develop and maintain effective lobby management and customer outreach efforts to enhance the customer experience both in and outside of the branch.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that the customer consistently receives a World Class Customer Experience with every branch staff interaction whether in person, over the phone or through digital channels.
- Effective independent outside networking and calling skills and strong ability to network and generate referrals through existing clients as well as leveraging traditional and digital networking opportunities such as BNI, Chamber, LinkedIn, etc.
- Working with Assistant Manager where applicable as well as branch staff, is ultimately responsible for maintaining the operational integrity of the branch. Ensures proper controls are maintained over all branch operational processes and regulatory requirements including Security, Compliance, and Retail Banking Policy & Procedures. Communicates new and/or changes to policies and procedures to branch staff and effective manages controllable income and expense against budget.
- Actively demonstrates technology and self-service channels with new and existing customers promoting ATM, online banking and mobile banking alternatives.*
- Proficiently demonstrates and actively fosters a 'High Tech, High Touch' environment with the branch team promoting the banks technology and self-service channels.
- Proactively identifies, reports and resolves customer issues to ensure a positive customer experience from the identification of a customer issue through resolution and actively promotes programs that solidify the customer relationship.
- Selects and develops quality employees. Develop branch staff through observational coaching sessions, joint sales calls where applicable, using the coaching models, defined sales activities, and consultative customer sales tools. Leads by example and inspires confidence, respect, loyalty and ensures a positive team environment among staff.
- Demonstrates our core values and ensures the delivery of our core customer promises. Respects, promotes, and values diversity and works within a flexible, six or seven day work week as customer needs dictate.
- Display a high level of professionalism, adhere to dress code policy, treat all people with dignity and respect, and perform in an ethical manner in all transactions and interactions
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A thorough understanding around the requirements for a successful sales and service organization is essential
- Must possess a desire to help or serve both internal and external customers, to understand and meet their needs
- Establishes a sales and service environment
- Meets with employees regularly and acts as coach and mentor
- Demonstrates the ability to generate sales excitement
- Tracks, documents, and reports sales performance
- Demonstrates leadership in sale and service branch production
- Resolves customer inquiries/problems in an effective, timely manner
- Punctual, reliable, professional and values diversity
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- May be required to transport files and supplies up to 50 pounds
Once hired, continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of Teller Training, which includes an exam.Working Environment:
- Normal office requirements with long periods of standing and continuous customer contact
- Must have the flexibility to support a 6-7 day branch as customer needs dictate
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires a college degree in business or finance, or equivalent experience
- Requires strong leadership ability and a minimum of 2 years of previous retail banking or retail sales management experience.
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, Vacation Time, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an Award Winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.