Our New York City office is looking for an experienced estimator in the construction management field. The Estimator II is responsible for generating all estimating deliverables required on projects having estimated costs ranging from $15 million - $50 million
- Perform conceptual estimating on civil, architectural and structural portions of projects (total project volume: $15mm to $50mm)
- Produce quantitative surveys and accurate pricing for a project from its early inception through an acceptable working budget, GMP, or Lump Sum Price
- Coordinate project documents for the GMP and Lump Sum Bid project delivery methods.
- Lead detailed reviews of civil, architectural and structural subcontractors scope before award of project contracts.
- Obtain and present unit pricing data
- Responsible for outlining clarifications and qualifications within an estimate
- Provide back up for estimates to be used during analysis and review
- Secure and contact sources for cost estimates for all specialty items
- Identify indirect costs and General Condition items within estimate
- Possess and apply knowledge of unit prices and the material/labor component
- Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing
- Produce manpower estimates to coincide with construction estimate
- Compile complete estimate/bid package breakdown based on input from others.
- Establishes estimating protocols for specific types of documentation
- Communicate Effectively - Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message
- Act Inclusively - Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems - Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability - Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results - Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation - Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
- Bachelor in Engineering
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Use of Timberline software, On Screen take-off and site work software tools for take-offs
- Familiar with market pricing and trends
- Basic understanding of Conceptual estimating
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.