Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with consumer product companies to solve their toughest technical challenges. We partner with clients to help streamline their capital spending and business decision process, enable operational efficiencies, and launch new products. We provide clients with a flexible offering of project engagement that ranges across consulting, engineering, design-build, and/or mixed execution through project start-up.Foth Production Solutions, LLC
is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Electrical Process Controls Engineer
who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients' success. This position will be working out of our Green Bay, WI; Madison, WI; St. Louis, MO; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Modesto, CA; Stockton, CA; or Sacramento, CA
This position will provide electrical and process controls engineering design and support for our client.
In this role you will design and integrate new control systems into existing areas, and provide designs for completely new control systems. Projects will range from single-piece equipment installations to turnkey system installations. The ability to work with the client and OEMs to find the optimal solution (cost, schedule, function) is a critical skill. Primary Responsibilities:
- Actively promote, support, and monitor safety policies of Foth and Foth Clients
- Work with the client to develop scope, resolve conflicts, and build the Foth-Client relationship
- Serve as a primary technical point-of-contact with the client
- Develop estimates (engineering and construction) and proposals
- Direct and coordinate an engineering design team
- Review engineering design performed by other team members
- Perform electrical load calculations
- Design electrical and control panels to include breakers, MCC components, IO cards/components, and PLCs
- Review and develop wiring schematics, single line diagrams, and loop drawings
- Coordinate and execute programming of PLC, HMI, and VFDs for projects to include hardware design and software integration
- Select instrumentation to properly support system operation
- Review project drawings and submittals
- Coordinate project work with vendors, OEMs, and construction contractors
- Anticipate problems and work with client, OEMs, contractors, and project team to provide corrective action
- Act as technical resource for the team and actively coach engineers and designers
- Provide field installation, commissioning, and start-up support
- Perform/conduct acceptance testing at vendor and client facilities
- Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives (typically 35% annually)
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
- Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Interact with clients as required
Required Previous Experience with the Following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of food and/or beverage industry experience in electrical/process controls areas
- Design experience with power and control systems, including P&IDs, power distribution, control networks and panel design/layout
- Programming and tuning PLC based PID loops for temperature, flow, level, etc.
- PLC programming with Siemens S7, Allen-Bradley ControlLogix (preferred), and/or Modicon
- HMI programming with Wonderware (preferred), Factory Link, Rockwell Factory Talk View (preferred), and/or RSView
- AC VFDs, servo programming, Control Techniques and Rockwell and Dan Foss (preferred) products
- Ethernet IP (preferred), ASi, Controlnet, and/or Profibus Network Communications
- Technical project management, leading small electrical and controls design teams
Preferred Previous Experience with the Following:
- 15+ years of brewing industry relevant experience
- Professional Engineering license or the ability to obtain
- Brewing process controls, beverage packaging controls, and/or CIP systems
- Brewing operations and/or maintenance functions
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.About Foth
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 600 members and operates in 26 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients' toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth's commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients' achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!