Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:Job Family:
Network AdministrationJob Description:Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) - Network Administrator - Service Desk
GDIT has an opening for a Network Administrator - Service Desk position supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Chantilly, VA. This is an IT Service Management contract in support of the operation, modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG's global Information Technology (IT) services including networking, compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and program management services. The GECOS program supports the ARNG enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN), authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application hosting, and associated services. GECOS uses ITIL best practices framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model. The work includes the following:
The Network Administrator - Service Desk will:
- Operating the DoDIN-Army (National Guard) (DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-Secret (S) networks and maintaining service delivery and cybersecurity of DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and computing services.
- Supporting the DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and associated computing services from requirement identification to service retirement / replacement.
- Ensuring continued security of the network and proactive enhancement of cybersecurity to meet evolving and emerging threats, to include compliance with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and continuous monitoring requirements.
- Providing support to the 54 supported organizations (i.e., 50 states, three territories, and the District of Columbia) to ensure flexible and responsive operation and defense of the network. Some OCONUS travel might be required.
- Adhering to all Department of Defense (DoD) enterprise security requirements to include those required by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and the Department of the Army (DA); prepping for and passing Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs), obtaining and maintaining Authority to Connect (ATC) and Authority to Operate (ATO) from the Designated Approving Authority (DAA); ensuring compliance with all Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and required information assurance (IA) controls.
- Maintaining the lifecycle of all services, ensuring they meet business needs, comply with Army directives and mandates, and are in keeping with the future Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture.
- Maintain continuity of service when primary support systems operate in degraded mode per COOP.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required Skills and Experience:
- Provides Tier 2 IT operations control support using ITSM ticketing system such as BMC Remedy and/or ServiceNow in the form of systems and as a technical generalist that resolves incidents and requests independent of further escalation to dedicated technology SMEs.
- Provides Help Desk ticket escalation support to the Army and DISA for all DODIN-A(NG) and DODIN-A(NG)-S issues above or outside the direct O&M of the RCC-NG, including mobile device support.
- Independently provides advanced level technical interpretation and solutions in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures.
- Troubleshoots system hardware and software-specific issues using Cisco, Palo Alto, and Microsoft tool sets.
- Trains end users on the proper use of hardware and software.
- Applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience.
- Authors and updates job aids, technical documentation, and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of eight years of relevant IT experience including hands-on service desk / Tier 2 support
- Possess the appropriate baseline certifications to achieve DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II. (CompTIA Security+ or higher)
- Possess the appropriate computing environment certifications to achieve DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II. (IE Cisco or Microsoft Certification)
- An active Secret security clearance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Possess an ITIL® v3 Practitioner or ITIL® 4 Foundations
Less than 10%Telecommuting Options:
USA VA ChantillyAdditional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.