Are you seeking a new opportunity as an Electrical Engineer to support projects? We have an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Billings, MT. This position will be based onsite a refinery for the first 12 months working closely with our onsite team and our client. This is a full time position with benefits that can be based in our Billings office or remotely after the first 12 months.
Compensation: $90,000- $120,000 anticipated annual salary
Move Forward with Eichleay
Do you enjoy applying your knowledge of electrical engineering principles, calculations, and construction methods and components in a project environment? Your ability to apply your knowledge in these areas will be greatly valued at Eichleay. You will support a variety of projects related to electrical equipment design, specifications, installation, repairs and maintenance.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Circuit protection device selection and coordination
- Electrical drawings, specifications, and calculations
- Ability to provide man hour estimates to support proposals and material quantity takeoffs for cost estimates
- Electrical Area Classification documents preparation and Hazardous area classification analysis for electrical equipment
- Assemble electrical engineering and drawing packages for review and approval. Respond to construction requests for information (RFIs)
- Attend and participate in Client and Eichleay project team meetings
- Maintain schedule and budget commitments
- Prepare material requisitions for bid and technical bid evaluation, including reviewing of specifications of equipment, and responding to vendor submittals
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ensures compliance with site, global and industry electrical standards and electrical safety, including NEC, IEEE, API, and NFPA [MI1] [VR2] 70 and 497.
- Performs scope development and create technical specifications for electrical equipment and modifications
- Ensures the appropriate level of troubleshooting, failure analysis and technical solutions are employed
- Develops and reports assigned performance measures and utilize information to identify and institute improvements
- Technically evaluate requests for exceptions to Client and Industry standards
- Initiates, justifies, executes, and directs reliability focused electrical projects requiring technical expertise
- Acts as Inspection Authority for electrical systems, including Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance
- Assists in verifying correct components are being used and accesses whether components are required
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in electrical engineering and minimum 10 years of experience in a petrochemical environment
- Must have current TWIC or ability to obtain one and ability to work onsite location of this position
- Experience in the development and review of construction work packages
- Experience with hazardous area classification, power distribution, grounding, and lighting engineering and design
- Experience providing man hour estimates to support proposals and material quantity takeoffs for cost estimates
- Demonstrated ability to assemble electrical engineering and drawing packages for review and approval, including experience responding to construction requests for information (RFIs)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and working experience with AutoCAD/BricsCAD/Revit MEP
- Must have good business communication skills for use with project team communications, reports, and documentation
- Ability to be badged for a process safety management governed facility which requires in depth drug screening
- Experience[MI3] [VR4] in providing detailed electrical engineering, design and analysis of low and medium voltage electrical equipment and power distribution systems
- Licensed in the States of Washington and California
- Experience working onsite at a refinery or similar industrial facility
- Experience with Power System analysis software (ETAP/SKM)
- Experience in Renewable Energy projects (Wind, Solar, EV, Microgrids, Hydrogen)
For over 140 years, Eichleay companies have developed a wide range of project delivery expertise. This legacy continues today with Eichleay, Inc. which specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
Join a dynamic organization with insight fueled by experience, solutions powered by practicality, relationships built by listening and trust earned through results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
[MI1]We can either leave NFPA in general or add 70 and 497 which are also important.
[VR2]Lets mention both to be specific
[MI3]I think we should specify what type of experience with electrical equipment at 120V up to 15kV is expected.