Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro's Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams, an award-winning healthcare technology company, is looking for a driven, ambitious, IT Help Desk Technician - Tier I who is ready to take on new challenges supporting customer's mission critical initiatives.
Softrams is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks in our Woodlawn, MD office.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. The candidate should have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
The goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.Responsibilities:
- Provide installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance to Windows and Mac based IT systems.
- Respond to support requests through collaboration platforms (Slack, Teams, Jira).
- Prioritize and resolve requests in support of company service level agreements.
- Develop and update documentation to continue growing our knowledge base.
- Identify requests requiring additional support and escalate to appropriate departments.
- Support user integration through onboarding presentations and continued support.
- Troubleshoot and isolate user issues.
- Manage IT inventory and equipment tracking.
- Identify trends, provide feedback, and propose long-term solutions.
- Occasionally travel to Baltimore, MD for training and support.
- 1 year or more of experience in a help desk setting.
- Proficient with using and supporting Windows or MacOS systems
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) environments.
- Experience with troubleshooting end user devices.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work independently or as a team as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- On-site work at our Woodlawn, MD office as needed.
- Industry Certifications (CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, MCDST, ACSP, or similar)
- Jira Ticket Management experience
- Office 365, Slack, or Jump Cloud administration
- 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leaves
- Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
- Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
- Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
- Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
This position is specifically to provide support to our CMS projects. Initial and occasional scheduled training may require travel to our Windsor Mill, MD office. Remote work may be authorized based on state and federal pandemic guidelines.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ to see if you reside in a HUBZone area.