(Local or Remote) ROLE OVERVIEW
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our growing team. You will help define the product vision, while gathering and prioritizing product requirements, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, operations and leadership.
Your projects will range from small optimization experiments to building out brand new user experiences. Your work will have a huge impact on Point's trajectory as we revolutionize home financing.
The ideal candidate will have a high analytical drive and the ability to deal with ambiguity - in many cases you'll be starting with a blank slate. We have a small team and you will help establish the product management function at Point. You will also have tremendous autonomy and responsibility over your domain. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop and execute on product strategy.
- Write clear and concise product requirements and develop basic but elegant prototypes that make engineers clamor to work with you.
- Gather insights from internal and external user feedback, web analytics, research, experiments, competitors and data analysis to understand user needs and synthesize into learnings for the team, and into product plans to deliver on those user needs.
- Identify and prioritize features to improve conversion and efficiency.
- Breakdown complex problems into simpler component pieces to facilitate execution.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and other internal team members to drive flawless implementation of your vision.
- Drive the creation, execution, and analysis of A/B tests to increase conversion and reduce operational overhead.
- (Over)Communicate with leadership, internal and external stakeholders.
- Orchestrate product launches, including training for internal users.
- You are passionate about the big problems in society and about the big decisions that people make in their lives.
- You have thought deeply about homeownership or experienced the trials and tribulations of becoming a homeowner first-hand. You believe that technology will have a significant impact on financial institutions and you want to be in on the ground floor.
- You collaborate effectively with your peers across all departments of the organization. You're a clear and articulate communicator naturally, who develops and nurtures relationships with ease.
- You are self-motivated and organized. You thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. You're ready to take ownership of some of the core processes of the company.
- You are passionate about the human experience
- 3+ years of experience in product management, preferably in financial services and/or real estate
- A strong track record bringing product features to market and inspiring the people who work with you to execute flawlessly against both the long-term product vision and current priorities
- A remarkable ability to use data to form a hypothesis and define metrics to determine the success of product initiatives. You use numbers to tell a story.
- Highly effective judgment and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to liaise seamlessly between functional teams
- Previous experience with SQL
- Previous experience at a startup preferred. You must thrive on being scrappy.
- Intense desire to deliver amazing user experiences for both external and internal users
- Superb attention to detail and a need to rally others in the pursuit of excellence
- Excitement for our mission to help homeowners
"Point provides the opportunity to stabilize your financial situation without adding costly monthly payments." - Homeowner in Burlingame, CA
Here at Point, we're helping homeowners unlock the equity in their homes without taking on further debt. With an investment from Point, homeowners can de-leverage and diversify their wealth, freeing them up to invest in their business, renovate and maintain their home, eliminate debt, and tackle all of life's expenses from college tuition to medical bills. Our equity investment product is an advantageous alternative for homeowners and investors alike. When partnering with Point, investors now have access to a brand new asset class - homeowner-occupied residential real estate. Point is the first fintech product that is truly aligned with consumers' interests - when the homeowner does well, Point and its investors do well.
As a consumer fintech company, we embed integrity, transparency, and trust into everything we do at Point, including how we work. Whether you're a homeowner, investor, employee, or candidate, it's people who power our business. We keep the human experience top of mind.
Experts at work
We're on a mission to help the 23 million equity-rich, but cash-constrained Americans tap into their home's wealth. To do so, we have experience and expertise in all areas of the business, especially at the helm. Point's leadership have previously founded TrialPay (acquired by Visa), Yub (acquired by Coupons.com), Metails (acquired by Buy.com), SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee), Affirm, SendGrid (acquired by Twilio), and TXN (acquired by Envestnet).
Championed by the best
Point announced its $115M Series C led by WestCap in May 2022. To date, we've raised over $170M from leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Prudential Financial, DAG Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Greylock, and SV Angel. PERKS AT POINT
Point provides platinum-rated plans for medical (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), dental and vision (The Standard). We cover 99% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums.
Take time for yourself and your family when you want - Point has an unlimited vacation policy.
We encourage all team members to attend events hosted by our investors, external workshops and conferences. We believe in continuous improvement and want to support employees on their professional journeys.
Point will top off California PFL earnings to full salary for up to eight weeks, as well as two weeks of fully paid leave to be available after exhaustion of CA PFL. An employee can take reasonable vacation time in addition to the California PFL leave.
Work From Home Stipends
Point will provide employees a $50 monthly cell phone stipend and a $50 monthly internet stipend. In addition, we will reimburse up to $150 to help you purchase supplies for your home office.