The role will support strategic communications planning and counsel, and drive measurable execution and project management for the Americas, in alignment with our global communications strategies and plans. You will manage regional internal, external and marketing communications initiatives, while driving functional flexibility, speed of support and an integrated approach.
We are looking to elevate our communications capabilities to improve our customers' overall experience, increase associate engagement and advance our corporate reputation.
The Manager, Communications Americas
is responsible for planning and executing all regional communications to help deliver results against business objectives and priorities. This is a great opportunity to establish and/or enhance best practices and collaborate with regional business leaders and Corporate Communications to help build and protect the Avantor brand via communications across both traditional and digital communication channels.
The Manager, Communications Americas
will execute the regional communications strategy and relevant programs and campaigns to engage customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders. You will manage regional customer communications initiatives, drive regional senior leadership positioning, storytelling (internal/external) through consistent messages, regional PR and brand activities, and overall quality control across communications channels. You will also support change management by aligning with guiding principles and processes. You will team with other members of Avantor's Global Communications & Brand team to oversee program execution and measurement, and report results on an ongoing basis.
The Manager, Communications will work closely with senior business leaders, commercial leaders, corporate & business communications and other colleagues across the regional communications team. The role will report to the Director, Communications, Americas & Europe.Key Responsibilities
- Advise and support senior leaders on strategic messaging, channels and delivery approach, and provide strategic planning and execution on key customer initiatives;
- Develop and implement communications plans and cadence aligned to support advancement of the regional business objectives;
- Drive strategic narrative using best practice and the right communications channels (including Intranet) to reach regional associates and help facilitate leadership engagement with target associate segments as needed;
- Ensure consistency and continuity of top-down messaging and program support across the organization
- Optimize and maintain communications platforms (both region and in-country where appropriate), and advance new ways to tell our story and drive culture change;
- Align outreach with our strategic business/functional goals and lead the evolution or expansion of existing communications programs;
- Drive two-way dialogue and associate engagement to build a culture of brand advocates
- Plan/manage change initiatives in a fast-changing, highly dynamic environment
- Align with Global External and Internal Communication strategies and tactics that effectively communicate Avantor's culture, vision and goals aligned with growth initiatives
- Provide proactive counsel to key internal stakeholders on internal/external communications including PR that will help advance regional objectives
- Collaborate with functional team members (corporate/business communications partners) to develop programming as needed
- Drive and refine KPIs/metrics to ensure program performance and constant improvement
- Support issues/crisis communications in the Americas as needed
- Oversee agency partners when appropriate
- Lead and ensure appropriate processes are followed and obtain final approvals from subject matter experts, project owners and compliance/legal team
- Measure, track and analyze overall program effectiveness to determine ROI and prioritize resources.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 years of communications, journalism or related agency experience with a successful track record in planning and executing internal, external and marketing communications programs at the regional level
- Solid experience in matrix organizations and exposure to business operations
- Position requires a strategic communications perspective, business acumen, an understanding of the relevant corporate functions and a focus on performance.
- Strong ability to build productive relationships and lead through interactions with senior leadership across a variety of functions
- Good understanding of change management practices and change communications techniques
- Excellent writing, presentation and speaking skills in English. Spanish and/or French is a plus
- Strong writing & editing skills
- Experience working with life science, technology or science-related company is preferred
- Global experience is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO Statement:
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.