Responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of auto, boat, and RV dealers/dealer group(s) with highly complex lending and financial requirements. Establishes/strengths relationships with these major large dollar amount dealership/dealer groups while promoting financial products, services and opportunities intended to improve their profitability with minimal risk to M&T Bank. Adheres to pricing and credit policies while soliciting new business, and servicing existing business. Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Services customers seeking loan and/or deposit relationships with the Bank, interviewing applicants to develop information concerning their businesses and requirements, evaluating credit information and making relationship recommendations.
- Participates and assesses the effectiveness of formal call program(s) targeting new loan and deposit business.
- Evaluate requests for dealer commercial services, commercial real estate, and commercial loan financing for auto, boat, and RV dealers. Also evaluates loan requests for dealer principals and partners. Analyze each applicant's financial condition, cash flow, and credit history in order to make appropriate loan decisions within lending guidelines. Approve loans up to maximum lending authority; prepares and presents loan requests to senior credit officers and credit committees when appropriate.
- Keep abreast of the industry, follows market trends and developments etc. and develop/implement strategies that will increase the Bank's business in saturated, developing and emerging markets. Establish and maintain contacts in the professional services community (accountants, attorneys) and within industry organizations (NADA, etc).
- Work with Sales Managers and Credit Managers to gather information and receive recommendations on potential customers. Works closely with Sales Managers and Credit Manager to structure and price credits in order to maximize the bank's return while minimizing risk.
- Maximizes the Department's profitability through the maintenance of a high quality loan portfolio. Follows current loans to ensure conformity with terms; maintains current and complete credit file. Has credit authority within established limit. Responsible for assisting Sales Managers and Credit Manager with the renewal of credits. Monitor customer deposit accounts. Monitor Dealer commercial services audits and dealer commercial services statements to ensure compliance.
- Understand product pricing and cost structure, as well as understand and manage product risk.
- Provide guidance and technical knowledge to less experiences dealer commercial services relationship managers.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Results and/or actions impact the Bank's annual operations, revenues or profitability. Scope of Responsibilities:
May mentor and/or supervise lower level Relationship Managers.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 7 years Dealer Commercial Services and/or Commercial Lending experience or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years higher education and/or work experience to include a minimum of 7 years Dealer Commercial Services and/or Commercial Lending experience. Education and Experience Preferred:
Master's degree. Superior relationship management, sales, and business development skills required. Must possess strong credit analysis and commercial lending skills.
Strong knowledge of financial statements, tax returns, and credit reports. Thorough knowledge of bank/PC software programs utilized by the department.
Excellent presentation skills. Strong negotiation skills. Superior organizational, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
Strong ability to handle conflict without alienating people. Ability to work with peers and gain their cooperation. Must possess the ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel. Demonstrated leadership skills in prior roles. Self-motivated, well-organized individual. Ability to work under critical time constraints. Location
North Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America