Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most. We want people who are passionate about building features that developers love!
DigitalOcean's Storage Team is a remote team that builds and operates cloud-scale distributed storage powering internal and customer-facing services and products. We're creating flexible and powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to ship their software as quickly, easily, and safely as possible.
The Storage Systems Team supports the operations and development of the data persistence layer of storage products. Members of Storage Systems have a combination of responsibilities for the persistence software of DigitalOcean's storage products as well as the lifecycle of hardware nodes inclusive of evaluation, certification, provisioning, and ongoing systems management.
We are looking for an engineer who will help develop and support current and future storage platforms at scale. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to make impactful contributions to key software, contribute to the open source community, and debug interesting problems at cloudscale. This role reports to the Engineering Manager of the Storage Systems team and is currently only available remotely. What You'll Be Doing:
What You'll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems
- Programming in Go, C++, and other languages
- Collaborating with an agile, self-motivated team of peers
- Consuming from and contributing to free/open source software communities
- Solving interesting problems at cloudscale in a technically rewarding environment
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean :
- A passion for developing, testing, and shipping well-engineered code
- Experience testing, automating, operating, and troubleshooting production systems
- Familiarity or understanding of distributed storage systems (Ceph, S3 a plus!)
- Experience with Linux operating systems and familiarity with networking fundamentals (basic IP semantics, routing protocols, TLS, DNS)
- Excitement about cloud native technologies and protocols (containerization, REST, gRPC)
- A desire to learn automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Chef
- Familiarity with concurrency / parallelism models in a modern programming language
- We reward our employees . The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
*Salary range of $87,200-$130,800
*Bonus of 7.5%
*ESPP employee contribution
*Medical, Dental, Vision offered and costs covered by DigitalOcean up to 90%
*Gym Stipend of $100/month
*Internet/Phone Stipend of $200/month
*401(k) match up to 4% with no vesting
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here !
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!