Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.Job Description
As a member of the Infrastructure Team, the Systems Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of the corporate IT infrastructure including servers, storage, operating systems, and application software.
QualificationsNecessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Research, recommend, implement, and maintain infrastructure technology including, but not limited to SAN, virtual infrastructure, server administration, and other enterprise systems that support the company's infrastructure architecture around the world.
- Developing and executing test plans, installations, documentation support, training and vendor management.
- Plans and manages initial deployments, provides support and vendor management for server-based products.
- Manage server operating systems (Windows AD 2008R2/2012/2016/2019) and various network applications and monitoring software (such as SCOM, Solarwinds) when needed. Apply service packs or hot-fixes to various network applications and core operating systems.
- Analyze service options, infrastructure configurations, and ongoing support requirements to increase system stability, capacity and scalability, or determine lowest cost of operation.
- Establish, implement, and maintain WINS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and all other network services globally.
- Serve as an advisor for infrastructure or desktop projects that require technical know-how or may have implications to core infrastructure requirements.
- Support core infrastructure such as Microsoft Exchange, Citrix, VMWare, Nimble storage, Veeam, Office 365, and Azure.
- Serve as an escalation point for the Service Desk Team for issues outside of their purview.
- Monitor the IT service management system for new support requests and fulfill accordingly or assign to an appropriate team member.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Solid cloud experience, preferably Office 365/Azure.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Visio, Access, and Outlook).
- Ability to multi-task and successfully work within high-pressure, fast paced environments.
- Customer service oriented with proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting internetwork and application solutions.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Professional with strong collaboration skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Initiating & Driving Change: • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
• Result Focused: • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
• Team Work: • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
• Customer Focus: • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unitAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Wellbore provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran's status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.