HARMAN's engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you'll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.A Career at HARMANAs a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do everyday.A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.About the Role
The Sr. Software Engineer will function as a technical lead responsible for technical design, coding, and cross-functional coordination with teams in different regions around the globe. They will be responsible for the development and maintenance of audio features on Android-based Head Units. The Sr. Engineer will own and create Android audio architecture for cutting-edge digital cockpit systems based on the Android platform.What You Will Do
What You Need
- The Sr. Software Engineer in this position will focus their time developing and testing software.
- Analyzing customer and internal requirements and specifications and translating these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met, and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participate in internal design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinate software development activities with the software team leader and team.
- Identify product requirements or performance issues. Work with the software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This would include occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
What is Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Experience with C/C++/Java
- Hands-on experience of Android and Linux
- Experience with developing in AOSP
- Experience in Android audio architecture with the framework, native services, and HW abstraction layers.
- Self-motivated, curious to learn, and experienced in creating effective design
What Makes You Eligible
- Knowledge of audio concepts (PCM data, Bitrate, multi-channel audio, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of GIT
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Familiarity with Android Multimedia System.
What We Offer
- Be willing to travel up to 10%, domestic only
- Be willing to work in our Novi office as per HARMAN norms considering Covid guidelines and may need to visit Customer's location as needed.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
To protect our employees, customers, and communities, HARMAN requires all U.S. employees to disclose their vaccination status and share a copy of their vaccination card. This confidential data will be collected by a trusted third-party vendor via a secure portal upon your start at HARMAN.
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- An Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- On-site opportunities to focus on personal well-being and development such as onsite caf, fitness center, weekly massage, fitness classes, and other onsite events promoted by our Employee resource groups
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University's business and leadership academies
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- "Be Brilliant" employee recognition and rewards program
- Scholarship programs for employee family members
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)