01281 Alton, IL
LE_301 Hibbett Retail, Inc.Job Title:
Manager in TrainingDepartment:
The Manager in Training is responsible for assisting the Store Manager regarding overall operations and administrative duties. The Manager in Training is knowledgeable in each product area or department in our store. Assists in determining the methods and approaches necessary to accomplish the store's goals and initiatives. Upholds policies, procedures and standards listed in the visual manual. They must fully promote each sale and/or promotion. Serves as an ambassador of Hibbett I City Gear creating a unique customer experience helping to acquire and retain long-time customers. The Manager in Training is passionate about giving outstanding customer service and promoting the merchandise in stores. The Manager in Training assumes supervisory control in the Store Manager's absence and is trained in the Store Manager's Responsibilities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Store Manager in controlling the assets of Hibbett I City Gear
- Consults with Store Manager in establishing action plan to accomplish departmental and overall store responsibilities such as selling, restocking, merchandising, ordering, and scheduling.
- Assumes responsibility of the entire store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Provides knowledge and guidance to employees and customers in all departments when necessary.
- Is aware of inventory, sales statistics, and expenses to ensure profitability in all departments.
- Direct staff to ensure each department's responsibilities and standards are completed.
- Keeps the Store Manager informed about inventory movement and customer trends.
- Assures quality customer service is maintained.
- Performs general administrative duties as needed and is trained in the Store Manager's responsibilities.
- Produce and give extraordinary customer service highlighted in the customer service manual, including helping customers as they enter the store, and helping multiple customers during peak periods.
- Promote and sell services and merchandise provided by Hibbett I City Gear.
- Practice and uphold all Hibbett I City Gear policies, procedures, and standards as listed in the operations policy manual, personnel policy manual, visual manual, customer service manual, and memos with the company's direction.
- Protect the company's assets and financial information by ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of internal control procedures and informing management and/or appropriate officials of potential fraud risk.
Supervises employees in the absence of the Store Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and resolving problems.QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in a retail environment, preferably in footwear and athletic apparel.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to assist in managing a team and keep up with overall goals and profits.
- Is a self-starter, has initiative to take on important tasks without being asked.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with precision.
- Is a team-player, passionate about outstanding customer service and selling merchandise.
By clicking the Apply