We have an exciting opportunity for an entry-level Inventory Cost Accountant to work within our Cost and Inventory Accounting team located in In Poway, Ca.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data, transactions, and reports.
- Assist with preparation and reporting of various inventory and material related transactions.
- Assist with the month-end reconciliation of inventory to the GL and the preparation of various inventory and cost reports.
- Perform analytics on the cost of purchased and manufactured materials and/or services as collected on a variety of cost objects.
- Monitor various system processes to ensure that costs are charged and allocated appropriately and ensure any necessary remedial action is taken as appropriate.
- Monitor and analyze activities and processes pertaining to inventory cycle counts, scrap, excess & obsolescence, transfers/movements, etc. for effectiveness, accuracy, and compliance to regulations and/or procedures.
- Serve as liaison between Manufacturing, Accounting, Program Finance, Program Management, Procurement and Cost Estimating departments.
- Support process, technology and reporting enhancements as required.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor's degree, or at least one year of experience with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to learn and apply basic accounting concepts, to follow company policies and procedures, and to apply appropriate tools of the accounting profession to accurately complete standard accounting tasks.
- Ability to use established formats to produce accurate, appropriate accounting documentation.
- May be required to present accounting data.
- Must have demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of computer accounting software and applications.
- Must have good interpersonal skills including ability to communicate clearly with other professionals.