We are looking to hire an Implementation Analyst
who will be primarily involved in implementing and supporting the environment surrounding the WSS Applications that we host for our customers, including hosted Linux VMs and Citrix farms and help make strategic decisions for the on-going development of the ASP environment, whilst maintaining good relationships with clients. A good understanding of Unix/Linux Administration, Internet security and technologies, firewall, proxy server, load balancers and router skills/ knowledge are a necessity in this role.
The ION Cloud team provides support for all ION hosted customers, across different ION products, platforms and hosting partners. The Cloud is one of the strategic lines for expansion of the company on 2021 and the coming years.About us
We're a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we've achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world's leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world's central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world's leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world's financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Learn more at iongroup.com. Your roles and responsibilities
Required skills, qualifications, and experience
- Install the WSS Application and upgrades for new and existing customer implementations following Quality Management Checklists
- Install and configure Linux servers/VMs for new customers implementations following Quality Management Checklists
- Planning and Implementation of Changes to the Environment and the Applications.
- Acting as a primary point of contact into WSS for named ASP/MS client during their ASP/MS setup and service on-boarding.
- Hands-on technical implementation support within the ASP/MS team
- Work outside of regular business hours to support ASP projects and live customers' environments
- Provide technical assistance and advice on critical operational issues
- Define Citrix best practices for our hosted customers
- Problem analysis on all Linux issues
- Provide and maintain operational documentation on Linux and Application installations
- Mentoring Operations staff on Linux & Application maintenance and management tasks as well as troubleshooting
- Provide on call support when requested or on a scheduled basis
- Work weekends when required to support projects and other initiatives
- Work on Internal Projects that will improve the Overall Service Offering
- Assisting the ASP Tech Lead and the Implementation Team in the improvement of automation various processes including:-
- Capacity Management
- Maintaining and improving the Quality Management checklists to reflect new necessary steps
- Server Acceptance improvements
- 3-5 years of experience in Linux Administration (preferably RedHat)
- Proven experience within an implementation environment, including servers running Unix/Linux, Windows, and utilizing a Storage Area Network, and a major industry standard suite of server monitoring and backup tools
- Linux Security and Hardening Proven delivery skills against agreed time scales and budgets Unix / Linux operating system administration, including certs and chroot setup and administration
- Shell Scripting (Bash,ksh,sh, perl)
- Chroot jail management
- Data storage and hosting environments
- Logical Volume management
- Web technologies (e.g. Apache) , tomcat, glassfish, SSL
- Nagios Monitoring and administration including writing plugins
- Experience in relationship building with customers within a Data Centre environment.
- Formal technical qualification in relevant technologies
- Firewalls - ASA
- Networking - TCP/IP
- Experience with network infrastructure management
- Oracle (would be an advantage)
- Citrix / Thin client technologies
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix Metaframe XP / Presentation server
- Citrix NFuse & Web technologies
- Citrix Secure Gateway Virtualization (specifically VMWare)
- Active Directory & policies
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Perl scripting
- Windows security & hardening
- SQL knowledge