Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Sr Analyst - Measurement
This position will be responsible for providing support to operations and other related disciplines with measurement analytics and activities. Responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manual entry of 3rd party volumes and liquid quality data.
- Uses measurement data system tools and reports to analyze both imported and manual volumes and liquid quality data, to insure accuracy and balance in all units of measure.
- Maintains integrity of meter and volume information in measurement data system for assigned assets.
- Creates, reviews, and distributes various analytical information and reports needed to validate the accuracy of measurement data.
- Provide loss/gain support to accounting, product movement, field measurement and operations personnel in the tracking and resolution of custody transfer issues in compliance with applicable SOX and internal measurement specifications, codes, safety standards and operating procedures
- Works in conjunction with third party interconnecting companies to insure timely and accurate measurement data exchange.
- Works with field measurement operations to prepare and provide current and historical meter information for use in the verification of gross and net volumes, as well as mass balances were applicable, for daily and monthly G/L resolution.
- Works closely with and provides input to the measurement technicians, and field operations supervisors to resolve balance issues.
- Reconcile tank tickets in measurement and or accounting systems with SCADA generated reports for assigned assets.
- Reconcile truck tickets in measurement system for assigned assets.
- Monthly G/L report preparation, review & distribution for Refined Products Pipelines and Terminals
- Meter factor trending by system and terminal with explanation of factors with variance for assigned assets.
- Prepares Gain/Loss by batch by PL system, location & area for assigned assets.
- Schedule and host balance review meetings with field measurement and field operations groups for all of the assigned pipeline assets.
- Maintain detailed notes to document all balance review meetings, edits performed to balance configurations and balance reports.
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
Education and/or experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- The Associate Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 0 -2 years of relevant work experience
The Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 2- 5 years of relevant job related experience
The Sr Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and 5 - 8 years of relevant job related experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- FLOWCAL experience reviewing and editing liquid balance configurations and associated volumetric data.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have an aptitude for analyzing data.
- Must have good communications skills and work well with other stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities may shift rapidly.
- MS Office; Flow-Cal or other liquid measurement systems are a plus.