The Banquets Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the Banquet Department with a focus on cost control and exceptional guest service. The banquet manager oversees all aspects of a banquet or event including set-up serving and cleanup. Banquet managers are in charge of hiring training coaching disciplining and reviewing banquet staff. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time. ResponsibilitiesQUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR & First Aid.
- Prepare schedules and wage progress reports for all Banquet employees.
- Prepare payroll & tip distribution for the Banquet department.
- Assist as necessary in the setup service and breakdown of banquet functions.
- Coordinate all banquet related food and beverage requirements with the appropriate department(s).
- Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating.
- Recruit hire train and evaluate all Banquet personnel with the assistance of the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Review menu/service with Catering Manager and Food Production Manager/Assistant.
- Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and communicate to supervisors.
- Responsible for ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to maintain standards of service and guest service scores.
- Respond to guests' requests as needed.
- Prepare banquet checks obtain guest signatures and inform client of payment procedures at the completion of all assigned functions.
- Notify the Banquets Director and/or F&B Manager of all materials and equipment that require ordering or need to be replaced.
- Requisition liquor etc. for banquet bars.
- Responsible for safety sanitation and cleanliness of service areas.
- Responsible for loss prevention programs among service employees.
- Attend Weekly Food & Beverage Meeting to ensure proper communication between departments.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Conduct menu classes as necessary to develop staff.
- Attend daily BEO meeting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Ensure that pre-meal meetings are conducted for all functions.
- Control and audit alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Review Banquet Staff's hours worked for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Supervise the work of Banquet Captains/supervisors and observe the performance of hourly service personnel.
- Assist Banquets Director and Catering Manager with special promotions or changes.
- Responsible for control and maintenance of all service equipment. Write service requests as necessary.
- Cross train as necessary as a manager/supervisor in other F&B Outlets
- Assist audio/visual company as necessary.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system.
- Correct hazards and notify the General Manager or Banquets Director.
- Submit order of all supplies (candles note pads pens uniforms) to General Manager or Banquets Director for approval and maintain inventory levels.
- Handle items for €œLost and Found€_ according to the standards.
- Other duties as requested by Banquets Director or General Manager.
Located just 5 mi from the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, this hotel has a modern gym and several dining options. Each room has a tea/coffee maker.
This Washington, DC hotel is 1.1 mi from the White House and within a 2.5 mi radius of the Newseum and the International Spy Museum.Company Overview
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.Benefits
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan