Cogeneration Process Engineer - Clinton, IA
This is a full-time, exempt position.Position Summary:
The Process Engineer is responsible for support in supervising and leading the day-to-day operations of the facility and supporting Performance Excellence activities and several administrative functions for the department. Provide plant engineering technical support in the day-to-day operation of a cogeneration facility supplying energy to ADM process facilities, via steam and electricity. This includes using technical knowledge and skills to partner with employees at all levels to ensure that safety, quality, and cost objectives are met. Specific responsibilities include identification and justification of projects, managing small capital projects (inception to commissioning), providing process knowledge, as well as day-to-day problem solving. Responsible for designing and implementing improvements to manufacturing processes and equipment through application of engineering principles. Also responsible for managing resources and monitoring status to achieve targeted outcomes, and training of employees on unit operations, including anhydrous ammonia PSM and water treatment area. This position will indirectly lead 20 to 30 hourly colleagues and support the Department Superintendent in areas of daily and weekly scheduling, coordination of training, as well as updating standard operating procedures.Essential Job Functions:
• Oversight of specific processes that may include projects. Project management may require, purchasing of materials and supplies, equipment installation, budget tracking, employee training, and startup of projects
• Lead plant operations to maintain personnel and process safety
• Recommendations for improvements to company facilities, equipment, and safety programs
• Interacts directly with shift leaders to produce desired operational results and employee development
• Conducts daily review of paperwork (i.e. Operational & Shift Leader reports and Production Review).
• Support engineering for Cogen's PSM chemical of anhydrous ammonia and be support for the Environmental Management System Team.
• Serves as a primary contact for operational, production, and maintenance planning, giving guidance priorities
• Assist in daily operations including shift coverage as needed
• Project design, development and management that are specific to the operations
• Process and cost tracking
• Participates in employee performance management (i.e., mentorship and discipline)
• Provide feedback, mentorship and support to operators and engineers to achieve short term and long-term department performance through use of KPI's, continuous improvement, and Performance Excellence conceptsJob Requirements:
- Engineering degree with 2+ years of significant plant manufacturing experience with major accomplishments in achieving results.
- Strong dedication to safety.
- Must have strong engineering process knowledge and be well organized, as well as have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to lead personnel and work closely with Corporate departments
- Ability to look beyond the task at hand, to anticipate challenges and develop options to overcome them
- Team Player
- General knowledge of codes, relevant standards and materials related to industrial equipment.
- General knowledge of computer process control systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Cogeneration Experience preferred
• Chemicals / Irritants
• The scope of the position requires exposure to and use of chemicals, solvents, and cleaners that may be hazardous and/or cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture, use, and disposal/storage are not accurately followed!
• Spring / Summer: Temperatures in some areas of the facility will be up to or exceed 100 degrees. Outside temperature may also reach 100 degrees with potential for high humidity. You may be exposed to inclement weather conditions including, but not limited to, rain and wind.
• Fall / Winter: Temperatures inside and out of the location may be at or below freezing. Outside you may face inclement weather including, freezing rain, sleet, snow and wind.
Some manufacturing processes within the facility are highly reliant on machinery and other processing
equipment and, as a result, noise levels may reach or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing
protection for most of the work shift.Physical Requirements:
• Able to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds on a limited basis, up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 55 pounds overhead.
• Lifting or carrying of weights over 50 pounds is rare. Employees are encouraged to request assistance in lifting or carrying objects that weigh more than 50 pounds.
• Able to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a workday.
• Able to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling or squatting frequently. May also require periods of prolonged sitting or standing.
• Able to operate equipment or diagnose / detect issues of machinery that may be located at different heights. May require work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights.
• Requires a full range of physical motion in order to operate manual and electrically powered tools and test equipment, to move throughout the facility, including climbing stairs in all buildings, and to work at heights.About Cogen Facility:
The ADM - Clinton cogeneration facility was fully commissioned in 2009. It has three coal fired boilers operating to produce 1310 Psig. 900-degree Fahrenheit steam to meet the power and steam needs of a world scale wet corn milling plant and an ADM Bio Processing Plant.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.