We know that Operations Managers
are an elite group of professionals. The Operations Manager
will direct the overall activities of the branch to continually serve the customers within the company’s target market in an exemplary and professional manner so that the company’s brand name and reputation will continue to flourish. The Operations Manager
provides leadership and management for all hourly personnel in the branch. Working to earn an acceptable rate of return on sales. Managing the “bottom line” with a strong track record in selling residential insulation, commercial insulation, and related products.
We hope your career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your career, consider a career that fits your life with RIS/FBM
.Operations Manager Essential Functions/Qualifications/Education:
- Directs and coordinates operations activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy.
- Plans, develops, and implements operational policies (warehousing, transportation, customer, service, ).
- Manages and directs operational staff including recruitment, selection and development of operational personnel to achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
- Designs, implements and/or operates efficient central dispatch system.
- Recommends to the Branch Manager short-term and long-range goals with the involvement from team members.
- Monitors operating budget for warehouse, manufacturing and trucking to ensure goals are achieved and are within budget.
- Coordinates activities of company or departments such as operating, planning, sales, maintenance, to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- Inspects and manages physical condition of warehouse, equipment, utilization of building storage amenities.
- Ensure drivers are properly trained in safety and other areas necessary to be effective.
- Ensure we take advantage of technology and remain competitive in our market by researching and maintaining product knowledge.
- Outlines policies, programs or operation changes to be implemented.
- Works closely with purchasing and receiving department for accurate product arrival.
- Maintains direct communication with vendor for missing material, backorder and difficulties with jobsite, delivered orders.
- Maintain business confidentiality relative to personnel, pricing, promotion, customer lists, financial reports, and methods of distribution.
- Ensure the company is delivering highest quality products and services to customers.
- Participates as member of the management team to establish organizational direction for the company.
- Develops individuals for future advancement within the organization.
- Ensure safety policies and OSHA regulations are followed in all departments.
- Ensure that all trucking operations meet D.O.T. guidelines and regulations.
- Follow proper company policies and procedures for hiring, discipline and termination.
- Support Our Foundation in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity and being a Company of Choice for both employees and customers.
- Develop solid business relationships with new or existing customers.
- Knowledge of basic construction materials and optimal product distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years of management experience
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead and build a team, along with motivating and leading a successful team.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledgeable in building materials industry.
- Support our company values in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity and being a Company of Choice for both employees and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned
About RIS, a Foundation Building Materials company
- Offer Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K plans
- Growth Opportunity
Foundation Building Materials (FBM) is a leading North American distributor of building materials focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of local construction trades with best-in-class products and services. Based in California, FBM has more than 5,000 employees in more than 300 locations across 46 states. FBM’s core values – safety first, a focus on customers and team members, honesty and integrity – Form the foundation for an outstanding customer experience that is recognized across the industry.
FBM promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace with respect to all categories protected under applicable State and Federal law.